I’ve only gone and done it!!!!

Hartley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After what seems like an eternity and lurking on here for a while I’ve at last taken the plunge and bought a GS.
Picked up my R1250GS Triple Black this morning 😁.
Very happy bunny.

All the best
Paul

Triple black is the way to go. 1700 miles on mine and not missed a beat. Just been informed of a 30 min software update though

Im guessing mine would have the latest mice peddling inside its brain.

Id recommend a side stand enlarger if you dont already have on
Very useful as well as more aesthetically pleasing to my eye

:Welcome.
Try and think of all the days you can get some presents for - xmas, birthday, easter, father's day, st georges day etc etc.
Get the farkles list out for each one and get some one to buy one off the list.
It still wont be enough :nenau:augie:thumb:)

Did you expect it to miss a beat before 2000 miles ? You say it as though it’s an achievement !!

That's what I was thinking. A whole 1700 miles. Wow!

Mine, an early 1200 lc, missed its first beat at just over 46,000 miles, when the front shock started to leak very slightly. Advice from Bahnstormer, Alton was to ignore it unless it becomes worse. With how few miles I've done recently, that's not likely to happen soon.

It is an achievement when my previous but one gs1200 had a new gearbox at 600 miles which has been my yardstick

After what seems like an eternity and lurking on here for a while I’ve at last taken the plunge and bought a GS.
Picked up my R1250GS Triple Black this morning 😁.
Very happy bunny.

All the best
Paul

Hi Paul

Assuming you bought from Wollastons, I think I almost collected your new bike by accident when I picked up my identical Triple Black there on Friday! Walked in the showroom and while I waited to be seen, I was proudly looking your bike up and down until I realised it was the wrong one. Mine was sat on the other side of the showroom.... “No sir, that ones going out on Sunday”:blast

I’m coming from an 1150GS I’ve had for 16 years, so this one is a bit of a shock to the system to say the least.

Ahhh i wonder if your the guy who secured the TB with cast wheels while i was doing the deal on mine, there was one available and when i said yes, itd gone. Only had one with spoked wheels left. Had to get mine in from another dealer.
I came from a Honda Crosstourer, DCT. My first BMW bike.

I’ve been looking at a new 1250 TE TB.
Did you guys manage to get any discount.
Standard price is £18840 with TE spec and heated seats...

You should easily get around 7-8%. I was happy with that as they had access to the exact spec I wanted (TB,factory fogs and heated seats) available within a few days. I suspect it might be possible to get a bit more if you used their finance.

Sweet FA was the discount I got and after specking the bike with all the bits panniers, top box, fpgs, heated seats, SOS, MF Indicators, Headlight Pro, etc etc the bike was £22K, the only discount I got was to supply and install the alarm for £252 after I complained about the connectivity for the phone /nav /sena which was a complete pain in the arse !!
Rob

That would be nice.. 9% discount reduces the price to £17100
Who is doing that?

I shared my spec and invoice with some else before and he said he had better price. Happy to PM it to you but if I were to buy again I’d use a different dealer.

I think I paid £17800 OTR ( would need to check) but had it delivered and that includes the heated seats, fogs and alarm.

Back
Top Bottom