1150GS Clutch replacement questions

seags

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, my 1150 GS has a worn out clutch. I took the gearbox off yesterday and the friction plate is worn down to the rivet heads on one side and not much better on the other side. The rivet heads have worn a very slight groove into the pressure plate bearing surface. So a couple of questions please:
1: do I replace the pressure plate even though the wear from the rivet heads is almost non existent?
2: what friction plate do you recommend, standard Sachs, pattern version or longer splines and oil proof.

Thanks for any advice you can share.

It is a false economy not to replace the whole thing and is likely to result in you having to do the job again much sooner. The standard kit is more than suitable and there’s no need to get more expensive ‘heavy-duty’ or competition parts. There are a number of companies doing bits for your bike, Motorworks, Motobins or James Sherlock to name but a few.

Replace the whole lot Especially if there is lots of bluing on the plates

But If pennies are tight You can ask Motorworks for Good Used parts ?

And if you are doubtful get the two plates and a New driven plate ??

1150 Clutches are a gift!

Unlike a 1200 The only thing going into a 1200 Hexhead is a full kit and crank and balance shaft seals if they need it or not!

Thanks for the responses really appreciated, looks like James S is the best price for a complete sachs kit, hope it lasts longer than the last one at 34k

Back
Top Bottom