what phone cradle?

Barnoe

Moto Vlogger
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What are fellow GS1200 riders using to hold their phone?

I have a S21 Ultra which is pretty big, so need a decent size.
ideally one that sits at side of the Nav6 when mounted

Been looking on Ebay, but not seeing much that fits the bill.
just looking for recommendations.

I use my jacket pocket to hold my phone on the GS.

I used a quadlock without the anti vibration mount for many years and tens of thousands of miles.

I put it on my bicycle after I got the RT for several reasons, one is the BMW comms on the system 7 helmet works, two is I haven’t found an acceptable to me location to mount it.

It would be handy to see the phone, and with my summer gloves i can still use it too.
on occasions when your looking for a specific destination, such as a local shop, the NAV wont do it, where with google on the phone i can use that.
would be nice to just pull over and use the phone on the bike rather that removing gloves and fishing in pockets

@ymfb
I looked at the quadlock, it looks like you need a special case with the fitting on the back?
my search took me to quadlocks website HERE £52.90 for both the mount and case or 77.90 with a weatherproof cover.
Its and extra £15.95 for the vibration dampener, not sure i need that, my handlebars dont vibrate and the suspension rides out any rough roads..... which is kinda what its meant to do hahah
not the cheapest mount, but if it does the job i cant complain.

The quadlock is a great bit of kit, but there are widespread rumours/anecdotes of people’s iPhones (I believe other phones are available) camera’s losing focus due to the vibration, but it’s not something I suffered with.

The vibration dampener was not available when I bought mine. I still use it, just on my bicycle, which on the roads around here probably gets more vibration than the trusty boxer twin was dishing out.

The facility to quickly swap between bicycle, motorbike or just carrying the phone without peeling the phone out of a case was also a consideration for me.

I never bothered with the rain cover

Back
Top Bottom