Vibration at 5K... 1200 GS 2017

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Long story short, I had a new engine fitted at just over 12K as the old one had a problem.
So I've now got just over 14K on the bike so the new engine has about 2K on it.

It's not the same as the old engine in a number of ways, but one thing I do notice is a vibration at 5K that makes the mirrors un-clear.. not a lot, just a buzz I guess.

I've never had a new one of these and I do see posts refering to the 5K vibration saying it will go with time?

Anyone experanced this at all ? :nenau

They will have to check it.. getting a bit fed up of BMW... third one I've had and they've all had issues FFS even when they put new engines in!

Get shot of it quick. It's about to explode. That's how I felt about my replacement engine up to 7k miles on it. Didn't trust it anymore. Chopped it in for a preloved Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC with money back. :friday

I was not happy with my bike, I buy af-xied and bike is so much better, I have before pain in fingers going dead, since af-xied all problems go away.

I really like the GS, the way it rides and everything about it. I had a r100 rs in the day and put over 100K on it with zero ploblems. Why is the engineering so poor now?

I had af-xied on the twin cam. didn't know they did them for the LC's, but its still in warranty so need to take care what I do with it. Will report the vibration but sure I'll be told its in limits

I really like the GS, the way it rides and everything about it. I had a r100 rs in the day and put over 100K on it with zero ploblems. Why is the engineering so poor now?

I had af-xied on the twin cam. didn't know they did them for the LC's, but its still in warranty so need to take care what I do with it. Will report the vibration but sure I'll be told its in limits

yes agree I buy mine when 2 year warranty was finished, I buy from USA.

https://www.beemerboneyard.com/bmwafxied1200lc.html

so they do.. I bought my last ones on here.. wow, they are not cheap!

Agree but still more cheep than exhaust and tuning stories that are not real, this works and I have and use it is the best for 1200gs, give a tank of fuel and you already feel different, and have many settings. :beerjug:

Beaver.

Google bhp-uk they can remap your bike on a dyno which costa around £399.

This not magic... but a proper remap - not hidden like previous bollox.

I sold my axfied due to the hassle at insurance renewal time. At least wath a proper honest remap itis hidden somewhat.

Thet quote around 3bhp gain and the fuelling is spot on.

Beaver.

Google bhp-uk they can remap your bike on a dyno which costa around £399.

This not magic... but a proper remap - not hidden like previous bollox.

I sold my axfied due to the hassle at insurance renewal time. At least wath a proper honest remap itis hidden somewhat.

Thet quote around 3bhp gain and the fuelling is spot on.

I have no insurance problem in Netherlands, sad UK change AF-xied is very good, and tuning must be careful much snake oil as many know, choose wisely.

Back
Top Bottom