Do you get used to the 'funny' indicators on pre '13 R1200GS models?

Once I had become used to the indicators on my first GS I owned, from that point on I seemed to be able to just jump on any bike and use the indicators regardless of their layout be it BMW, Japanese or whatever.

For me, the only pain was the bloody horn button..... Many a time I've given the car driver that has just cut me up a damned good left-indicating to.

I had them on a few bikes. Bmw like to be a bit different. They were an improvement on the earlier up/down switch. Imagine if they were still in use today. I haven’t counted how many switches are in my bars but I don’t need another 2. JJH
Similar to HD though, so they aren’t that different 👍

I’ve just bought a 2017 gsa after riding a 2009 gs .
I’m still using the 2009 as well and it’s causing a right faffage attack swapping between bikes🤪
One noticeable thing is the 2017 switch gear feels lower quality than a chinesium bike compared to the old one

Took an age to get used to then it became instinctive, had 10 years of it, then took forever to convert to back to conventional ones. I was looking forward to going back to them only to find that BMW had ditched the idea.

I reckon BMW were swayed by bike journos. Everytime one of the whiney bitches reviewed a bike they'd whine on about the indicators more than anything else. As has been said before, the old system is much better than this single button rubbish.

Agree , the old system was the best ; left for left , right for right . Simples

I've not ridden one yet and it looks annoying but swapping from this to conventional (ie LH does it all) does it cause any issues?

And you have to press both together for hazards??

I cannot say I like the non-tactile feeling of the 1200 LC floppy indicator switch much either but it is at least 'normal'!
I had them on my running series of F800ST's, I much prefer the set up, but the only issue was hitting the horn button, you either missing and indicated or hit both! Still prefer it over the one switch, but life progresses.

Back
Top Bottom