Gen 2 silencer

Mullabrack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone fit a new end can on their gen 2 XR? Just wanting a few ideas on looks/sound. I accept the sound won’t alter much from the std but just curious before I make a purchase..

Yep, Carbon Akro, the only one i liked the look of, don't think it made any difference to the sound

Col

I like the look of that. Listening to Akro’s sound recorder on their site it doesn’t sound much different (to be expected) but looks neater.
Thanks again

Yup Cobra SpeedPro SP1 fitted to my Gen2, made quite a bit of difference . I can now hear exhaust sound instead of the mechanical mashings of the engine/gearbox on the move. Also on startup its a far bit louder as the exhaust valve is open for the 1st few moments, something that wasnt as noticable on the stock can. Its not overtly loud as the CAT still does a lot of silencing but its no longer stealth mode, much like any other large IL4 before the advent of Euro4 probably. The can I bought is no longer listed on cobra site for the Gen2 no idea why as the made them to order when I purchased september last year but they have a number of other options still listed for the Gen2. Note they are across the brexit border now so could be subject to import costs I didnt have to suffer.
https://www.cobraexhaust.de/navi.php?k=3493&Sortierung=1&af=0
A few more vendors seem to be offering slipons for the Gen 2 now so more options other than the factory Akra-which I thought wasnt bringing much to the party especially for its cost.

I had noticed on Cobra's website they had stated "not available now" for the ones that i like and I'm not a big fan of their hypershots. As you say, more manufacturers are now coming to the party so i will keep looking assuming i keep the XR as i haven't quite decided if i like it or not in the same way i liked my Gen 1. Time will tell...

Back
Top Bottom