Recommended tyres for a 1977 R100RS

GreyHairedWombat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am more interested in good grip and road holding rather than what looks period. Any recommendations? Maybe Bridgestone BT046, Metzler Roadtec 01 or ME33? Would appreciate your recommendations and/or experiences? Thank you

Interesting. Another tick for Avon's. Tim Marshall uses them on all his road going airheads including an R90S for track days

Or try continental classic attacks....

Heidenau K36 Just put a set on my bike and the change in the grip is astonishing and they still look like rubber hedgehogs

Heidenau K36 Just put a set on my bike and the change in the grip is astonishing and they still look like rubber hedgehogs

https://www.heidenautires.com/product/k-36/

K36-116_k-1-830x966.jpg

Metzler Roadtecs are brilliant on my Tracer 900. Can’t say how they might suit an older bike but they are as good as the reviews say.

Mitas still make the old Conti twins and sell them under their own name, and they still work fine.
IRC also have low priced period look tires which seem to suit airheads and perform just as well as some costing more than twice as much.
Preferred the old Mitch Mac 50's to the current Pilot Active, but if you get a puncture the Actives are probably stiff enough to run home flat!

I am running roadtec 01 on my R90s, very good wet and dry grip, stable with plenty of feel to them. I'll buy them again.

Back
Top Bottom