High seat option

BigKev67

Reaction score
Back on the forum again after a few years with a Honda Africa Twin Adventure. Got a GSA test ride coming soon. I like the Rallye TE. My Vertu dealer does the Rallye with normal screen, centre stand and 2 piece black seat. Due to being six foot five I need to slide back on the seat and generally need a high seat. My Africa Twin has a 920mm seat height and I flat foot with bent knees !!. Has anyone been able to get a GSA seat thats tall enough to allow you to slide back over the rise to passenger seat.

If you do not carry a passenger on a regular basis consider the high version of the rallye seat, or there is a tall version of the gsa seat available.

Or another alternative is speak to Les at Sadflecraft in Sth Shields and get a standard seat of either type ( rallye or standard )modified

Aahh. Didnt realise you can get a high Rallye seat. I dont carry passengers. A high Rallye seat would be like the bench seat I had on my first GS - a 2004 GSA. I will search the web

I got a standard Rallye seat with my 1250 Rallye and took it to Les and had it reshaped/raised and fitted with an air pad. He always delivers an excellent service. I have used him too many times to remember.

It has been raised at the front and levelled off, as well as slightly widened. The button operates the air pad.

Attachments

• 812D800C-56E3-4DDB-ABE2-6396B628B723.jpg
    812D800C-56E3-4DDB-ABE2-6396B628B723.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 238
Wow that looks good. I guess you must be tall, 6 foot five here. You have done some work I see, more white than standard, bet the bike looks amazing !

Kev,
I’m 6’5” and have a 2018 GSA Rallye so have an understanding of the problem.
For me, raising the seat just put my head in the airflow, even with a PUIG screen with deflector.
I have a Rallye seat and also a factory seat, and bought a gel converted seat from here.
Sitting back, helped the knees but even with bar risers on meant I’m too far back and got back ache.
So you might get knee ache relief, but transfer the problem elsewhere.

Good points Wobble. I have the 1250 GSA test ride tomorrow. It will be the rallye but fitted with the 2 piece seat.I will take my Africa Twin Adventure Sport so I get a back to back comparison. Over the years I have found that unhindered rear movement on a flat seat has been best. If the seat has any incline its not right for me. My CRF250 rally is so comfortable - but I sit on the passenger seat !

Good points Wobble. I have the 1250 GSA test ride tomorrow. It will be the rallye but fitted with the 2 piece seat.I will take my Africa Twin Adventure Sport so I get a back to back comparison. Over the years I have found that unhindered rear movement on a flat seat has been best. If the seat has any incline its not right for me. My CRF250 rally is so comfortable - but I sit on the passenger seat !

Kev, the ability to move about is why I got the Rallye with the flat seat. Get the bike you want and as Neil W and I said previously, go and see Les at Saddlecraft. Standard seats either suit you or they don’t. You’re in Durham so South Shields is just up the road. You would end up with a good bike that is comfortable.

Kev, the ability to move about is why I got the Rallye with the flat seat. Get the bike you want and as Neil W and I said previously, go and see Les at Saddlecraft. Standard seats either suit you or they don’t. You’re in Durham so South Shields is just up the road. You would end up with a good bike that is comfortable.

Thanks r1, good advice. I know South Shields very well. Spent many hours fishing from the pier and Groyne. It would be great to see a pic of your complete bike, it looks special.

It was customised with help of dealer from the start with RS 17” wheels, M9rr tyres & Ohlins TTX shocks. The rocker covers, bash plate and silver fairing panels, rear subframe, rear foot peg hangers and silver under seat panel, grab handles and rack were all painted to match. The ECU remapped and Akra decat headers with Remus can. It had an RS swingarm added last year to put the wheels in line with a 190 rear tyre. Also pic with rack & box on.

Attachments

• BED45EEC-52E7-48E1-A094-3BE347EA1F87.jpg
    BED45EEC-52E7-48E1-A094-3BE347EA1F87.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 169
  • 7D64D2BA-F250-4187-9301-CBDE1F8DDECD.jpg
    7D64D2BA-F250-4187-9301-CBDE1F8DDECD.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 155
I ran a high Rallye seat..... I’m 6’8 with a 36 inseam... it was Bob on...

If buying second hand make sure it’s a high... as the6 are often miss sold

I ran a high Rallye seat..... I’m 6’8 with a 36 inseam... it was Bob on...

If buying second hand make sure it’s a high... as the6 are often miss sold

Just measured my inside leg, ha ha beat ya. 37 inches. Thats if I have measured it right -tape pushed up into crotch and measured to floor in bare feet. I have looked on the net to see if I can see comparison pics of Rallye seats normal and high, no luck yet.

Pic if a standard Rallye seat which can at least be compared against mine.

Attachments

• 4AF78E50-B1D9-4481-872F-3FB90168FDD7.jpg
    4AF78E50-B1D9-4481-872F-3FB90168FDD7.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 150
Pic if a standard Rallye seat which can at least be compared against mine.

Starting to see whats going on with Rallye seats now. The normal (or low as it seems to be called) has a hollow at the front and a thin section at the back. The high Rallye has the hollow removed but the rear part is probably the same thickness. For a tall person what happens at the front of the seat dosnt really matter (apart from the uncomfortable slope) as he is likely to be sitting further back. r1s modified seat is certainly a lot tall at the front and looks horizontal. That i reckon would be comfortable just like my_first 1150 GSA in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom