Kalamata metallic matt paint

Jimmer83

Reaction score
My R1250GSA exclusive is getting delivered tomorrow, but I've never had a bike with matt paint. Can anyone recommend a product to keep it looking good?

Don’t polish it! It can turn the Matt finish to gloss. Wax it yes, vigorous polishing no :thumb2

Consider getting the bike ceramic coated and the finish will be protected under an invisible nano tech glass coating :thumb2

Harley Davidson Denim Paint Cleaner and S100 Matte Wax.

Don’t polish it! It can turn the Matt finish to gloss. Wax it yes, vigorous polishing no :thumb2

Consider getting the bike ceramic coated and the finish will be protected under an invisible nano tech glass coating :thumb2

Surely the ceramic coating would gloss it up as well? Or is there a matte option available?

Surely the ceramic coating would gloss it up as well? Or is there a matte option available?

Ceramic coating does not alter the original finish. I had my new bike done last week including the Matt plastics.. no change at all :thumb

My R1250GSA exclusive is getting delivered tomorrow, but I've never had a bike with matt paint. Can anyone recommend a product to keep it looking good?

Automotive glass cleaner , seriously it is what detailers use as it is non abrasive and doesn't leave streaks on the matt paints,used it for 3 years on my matt blue gsa

Automotive glass cleaner , seriously it is what detailers use as it is non abrasive and doesn't leave streaks on the matt paints,used it for 3 years on my matt blue gsa

What he said - works a treat

Most of these Matt paints aren’t really Matt though are they .

+1 for Vulcanet. You’d be surprised how much cleaning you can do with one wipe, and excellent product :thumb

Most of these Matt paints aren’t really Matt though are they .

+1 for Vulcanet. You’d be surprised how much cleaning you can do with one wipe, and excellent product :thumb

Depends on what you mean by matt.

The color layer is indeed matt, and then it's coated by a clear pint layer, where the clear paint used is the matt type..

I agree on Vulcanet.
Mine is Kalamata plus ceramic coating and just use Vulcanet.

Thanks for all the suggestions, my other bikes are ceramic coated so if that's suitable for the finish I'll go with that. Cheers

I used standard CQuartz UK ceramic coating on my Harley D Matt Denim Blue, no problems with the finish, it's still matt. I've also used Harley Denim paint cleaner and Vulcanet wipes on it, can recommend both.

Vulcanet wipes aren't cheap but they save a load of time and effort, especially on the black areas.

Back
Top Bottom