Post Brexit - Green card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wapping

Reaction score
My, recently renewed, multi-vehicle policy’s certificate of insurance, confirms that the coverage extends to the EU and certain specific non-EU countries, for example Norway and Switzerland. So far, so good.

Taken at face value, this might be interpreted that, as the policy extends into the EU automatically, no Green Card is required. This is NOT the case. A Green Card will be required for each journey I make and will continue to be the case until some sensible alternative cross-border solution is negotiated. Negotiation is not free nor quick.

I mention this only in case somebody misunderstands the position. In other words, the requirement of a Green Card, trumps the certificate. It is as simple as that.

My million curses on the cnuts that voted to leave the EU. FU little Englander.

My, recently renewed, multi-vehicle policy’s certificate of insurance, confirms that the coverage extends to the EU and certain specific non-EU countries, for example Norway and Switzerland. So far, so good.

Taken at face value, this might be interpreted that, as the policy extends into the EU automatically, no Green Card is required. This is NOT the case. A Green Card will be required for each journey I make and will continue to be the case until some sensible alternative cross-border solution is negotiated. Negotiation is not free nor quick.

I mention this only in case somebody misunderstands the position. In other words, the requirement of a Green Card, trumps the certificate. It is as simple as that.

I fully agree; my insurance says the same!

There there never mind you'll get over it:comfort

It will take a while for it to sink in but it'll dawn on folk eventually. Meanwhile, ta for the reminder!

Everything seems so much easier since the neanderthals voted to leave.

Great to hear you swearing Wapping ....l:aidan

I like that, FULE phonetically speaking, good for using the next time spitfires are invoked, well done sir :beerjug:

Technically speaking it wasn't just Little Englanders but included the other three countries selection too, unfortunately.

Thank you Wapping - I (wrongly) thought all was fine.

Just another downside of the stupidest decision ever taken - how anyone who rides a bike could vote for this is totally beyond me.

Still waiting to hear a benefit ...............waiting ............. oh - zero benefit.

Thank you Wapping - I (wrongly) thought all was fine.

Just another downside of the stupidest decision ever taken - how anyone who rides a bike could vote for this is totally beyond me.

Still waiting to hear a benefit ...............waiting ............. oh - zero benefit.

To ride in Europe has become slightly less convenient is that what influenced your vote?
You lost FFS get grip and deal with it.

To ride in Europe has become slightly less convenient is that what influenced your vote?

Tbh that was the least of my concerns and didn't influence my vote at all.
I think we all have a grip and are dealing with it on a day to day basis, still doesn't make it a good choice though.
In particularly when dealing on a daily basis with business clients whose trade it has played havoc with, increased costs and charges whilst creating a significant amount of uncertainty for the future.

Stay in your windowless ivory tower and thank your lucky stars it's cost you lightly so far...............

I don't think I need travel or life advice from your good self - but thank you anyway. :thumb2

We All lost FFS get grip and deal with it.

Corrected for you - if you disagree just give me one real benefit

"It was never a difficult process to get a green card back in the days when I first started touring Europe on my motorcycles. It must be an extremely difficult process now, having read the comments from the whining. simpering, effete, self entitled middle class elitists". A neanderthal little Englander cnut was heard to say.

"It was never a difficult process to get a green card back in the days when I first started touring Europe on my motorcycles. It must be an extremely difficult process now, having read the comments from the whining. simpering, effete, self entitled middle class elitists". A neanderthal little Englander cnut was heard to say.

It's just something we didn't need to even think about Al - just jump on your bike and off you go wherever and whenever the fancy took you without a fixed country itinerary to follow..... simples.

For as long as you desire.

I'm not elitist either. :thumb2

Corrected for you - if you disagree just give me one real benefit

Vaccines.

Mind you we did have all those cliff edge collapses of Sterling to contend with and I’m only just over all those mega food shortages Brexit caused.

Go it me green cards already.
Sorted.

Bob it's a minor inconvenience at most. Just for the record, having met you I don't think you're simpering or effete either, but I'm not sure about the whining :D :beerjug:

I had one in 2019 for going to Romania, etc. but, unfortunately, I never got to use it.

Vaccines.

Mind you we did have all those cliff edge collapses of Sterling to contend with and I’m only just over all those mega food shortages Brexit caused.

Go it me green cards already.
Sorted.

Vacines are not a BREXIT sucess, please dont believe the BPJ The MHRA acted in line with EU regulations, and any other EU country could have done the same read https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4759

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom