New sat nav time, looking for recommendations

frodi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm on the search for a new sat nav as my Zumo 550 is now being held together with duct tape etc. I prefer to shop local in Ireland and have a strong aversion to the river in south America.
I quite liked the Zumo, for all its' faults. Price isn't a major consideration as some other poor b'tard is going to have to pay for it. (Big roundy b'day pressie. )
When I was stuck a while back I used my phone and hated every minute of it. I'm also thinking of getting some wireless ear buds to link up with it and to play some tunes as I tootle along.

Let the wise and noble advice begin.

Edit, just to add, I checked most of the web sites for Irish stores and they all seem to be out of stock or have very limited stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer to shop local in Ireland.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tJR-MRxqaOw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The XT, now that it has its oddities ironed out, is apparently very good.

There is nothing wrong with BMW’s own branded Navigator VI or V, not least as they integrate well with the whirly wheel on BMW bikes. If you don’t have a whirly wheel thing or even a BMW bike, they still work well.

There’s lots of assorted Garmin devices (they have more versions than you can shake a stick at) all or any of which will be a step up from your aged 550. The 550 is still one of the great devices of its time, before Garmin started listening to bikermates who demanded that a simple, good quality, GPS device be augmented with all sorts of shite, to make them into a home entertainment system, as the simple pleasure of riding a motorcycle from A to B just isn’t enough.

The XT, now that it has its oddities ironed out, is apparently very good.

There is nothing wrong with BMW’s own branded Navigator VI or V, not least as they integrate well with the whirly wheel on BMW bikes. If you don’t have a whirly wheel thing or even a BMW bike, they still work well.

There’s lots of assorted Garmin devices (they have more versions than you can shake a stick at) all or any of which will be a step up from your aged 550. The 550 is still one of the great devices of its time, before Garmin started listening to bikermates who demanded that a simple, good quality, GPS device be augmented with all sorts of shite, to make them into a home entertainment system, as the simple pleasure of riding a motorcycle from A to B just isn’t enough.

2610 was another great sat nav

Back
Top Bottom