Alternative screens for a Hex GSA.

I’m 6’3” and have an 2008 GSA fitted with Ztechnik touring screen. I have tried other combinations but this has been the only one I can live with. It is tall and deflects pretty much everything over my head.

https://bmw-windshields.co.uk/conte...6-07-extra-tall-vstream-windshield-z2419.html

nice find for the advert, that's the exact screen I have....

running the bike with nothing at all, is the same magnitude of improvement the Ztechnik brings (over the BMW screens), all over again.

Dude - you’re worried about how your bike looks? Really? :blast It’s a freakin GS for chrissake. These things were born ugly.

I chased wind buffeting on mine, too (GS, not GSA, so even shorter screen than yours - but I’m only 5’11”). I went through three of different ones, including one from Parabellum and the Givi AF (I was doing 60mph on the Pacific Coast Highway when a crow flew through it and it exploded. The crow died).

I ended up back to the stocker with a Wunderlich screen extender thingy. You wanna talk about ugly? This’d be the Wunderlich solution. Had I known about the MRA (per a couple of suggestions above) I would’ve gone that route instead. But the Wunderlich works great - no more buffeting, and my tinnitus has stabilized a good bit.

These things were born ugly.

Amen to that.

I ordered a WRS Caponord screen from Italy.
Ordered on Monday, got the box home by Friday.
It is not massively bigger than the original (seems bigger in photos than real life).

I found that if I keep it in the lowest position my head is fully exposed to the wind as with the original, but it is a "cleaner" flow and it is way more sustainable, similar as what you would get on a sportsbike.

Gets a bit noisier if you raise it. Haven't tried all the way up as I don't usually keep the screen upright, but will give it a go for curiosity.

02.png

03.jpg

06.jpg

givi a330 for me , as its very versatile and good protection.

Went down the Givi a330 plus tobinators plus winglets option and discovered its all about trade-offs eg wind noise went down but engine noise appeared to go up. Or it seemed great in the morning but on the ret trip much noisier (may be i was tired, may be change of wind direction etc). Then there's the try a different helmet, relocating the satnav (or whatever), adding spacers behind the screen, blah blah. Getting shot of the Anakee3 tyres certainly cured one noise prob! Didn't give a **** about appearance as the bike is uniquely FUGLY to start with; a big part of its attraction for me!

Back
Top Bottom