Italian Car and Bike show

Ron Gibson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For info if interested,
30th May, 10.00 hrs to 16.00 hrs. Italian Car and Bike show, Newby Hall, Ripon.
Believe you can get exhibitor tickets if you want to show your bike and day tickets.
Tickets to visit the gardens etc extra.
May get a couple of exhibitor tickets meself to show the old girl off

Might take my beloved 899 Panigale down, ..just waiting for some BST carbon wheels turning up for it...

a>

Might even exhibit the old girl seeing as tickets are only a fiver !

https://www.newbyhall.com/event/italian-cars-bikes/

Last edited:
Might take my beloved 899 Panigale down, ..just waiting for some BST carbon wheels turning up for it...

a>

What's wrong with the wheels that are already on it - they look great..:thumb2

I know, it doesn't work like that....Lovely bike,,,,:)

That's a lovely bike, my sports bike days are long gone, knackered knee's and back so it's something a bit more sedate for me.
Think I'll take the Eldorado and me polishing cloths along.

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_115313.jpg
    IMG_20210226_115313.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_20210424_163451.jpg
    IMG_20210424_163451.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 313
What's wrong with the wheels that are already on it - they look great..:thumb2

I know, it doesn't work like that....Lovely bike,,,,:)

Hi Ron,

Nothing wrong with the looks of the wheels at all, it’s just that the standard cast aluminium wheels weigh a ton, particularly the rear one, the BST carbon rear alone is less than half weight of the standard wheel, the rear is 4kgs weight saving and the front saves another 1.6 kegs, so you get all the benefits of less gyroscopic inertia and better ride quality etc, plus they look incredibly bling and tbh I’ve always wanted to try a set out just to satisfy my curiosity.

Your Guzzi looks the bizzo mind, I’ll keep an eye out for you when I’m there....and probably borrow a polishing cloth !!

Be careful with lighter wheels, modern traction control devices make a World of difference but they spin up very fast and on cold tyres that can get expensive, I know this from experience :blast

All this talk of Italian stuff has (inevitably) got my juices flowing.

Just got a couple of tickets for me and my son - he's driving :)eek:)...

Ron Gibson. Thanks for the heads up....:thumb2

All this talk of Italian stuff has (inevitably) got my juices flowing.

Just got a couple of tickets for me and my son - he's driving :)eek:)...

Ron Gibson. Thanks for the heads up....:thumb2

My pleasure. just purchased an exhibitor ticket for myself and swmbo. Say hello if your wandering past. Fingers crossed for decent weather.:bounce1:bounce1

Be careful with lighter wheels, modern traction control devices make a World of difference but they spin up very fast and on cold tyres that can get expensive, I know this from experience :blast

No worries AndyB,..I’ll be taking it easy at first when the new wheels go on just to get the feel of it, the 899 has 8 stage traction control so I can up that a bit if I feel the need of a safety blanket, it normally runs in race mode so I should be okay with it, also got a new set of Bridgestone S22s here waiting to go on the BSTs, they’ve been on order for ages so I hope they turn up before the end of May?

Just ordered the exhibitors ticket, bargain..looking forward to it, if anyone’s about come and say hello :)

It's all polished and ready to go. Camping chairs in the panniers for a comfy seat when we get there. May even pack me Crocs 😁. Weather supposed to be sunny so🤞for a good day.

Attachments

• IMG-20210527-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210527-WA0005.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 189
It's all polished and ready to go. Camping chairs in the panniers for a comfy seat when we get there. May even pack me Crocs 😁. Weather supposed to be sunny so🤞for a good day.

XC weather says 20 degrees with very light wind...:cool::cool:

A long long time since I've been to any sort of show (and the rest of us)

I will pipe up if I see you n your El D'....What a bloody eyeful of a motorbike....:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom