Vinyl wrapped my panniers

philbuck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is the GSA I bought a few weeks ago from someone on this site. However, the panniers were showing a bit of wear, so I decided to vinyl wrap them.
(The ride was a wet one, so excuse the mud on the vinyl!!)

I'm getting the topbox coded and fitted next Thursday at it's 6k service, so that will get covered too..................as you do!

IMAG1126 masked.jpg

IMAG1127.jpg

IMAG1128.jpg

IMAG1130 masked.jpg

That looks like the low seat Phil. Any better for you? Panniers look smart too. Had mine vinyl wrapped as well, but I didn't trust myself to do it!

That looks like the low seat Phil. Any better for you? Panniers look smart too. Had mine vinyl wrapped as well, but I didn't trust myself to do it!

It is a low seat, in the high position. I found the normal seat too high, and at that point didn't know that the GS seat fits on the GSA, so I could of used my GS seat, temporarily.

Very nice.

How much and where from please?

Humvee Graphics (Steve, the person referred to who sells kits and is on this site) sells kits.
I used his kits to cover mine, they really smartened up my 7 year old panniers and top box.

Attachments

• wrapped luggage.jpg
    wrapped luggage.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 583
I cut and fitted them myself, although I believe there is a guy on here who sells them commercially.

How did you cut the vinyl so accurately? :eek: you’ve done a cracking job there, looks really good. I like the cut out and black BMW lettering. :thumb2

looks good. I did mine earlier this week. I just bought a couple of rolls of vinyl from amazon at £8.99 each.

I was considering paying circa £150 for a pre-cut kit but realised I could bugger those up as badly as a DIY job. Happy with the results too.....

My top box is a newer black version.

Attachments

• 0ED61B27-09C7-43E5-9D8B-1B3291D38A4E.jpg
    0ED61B27-09C7-43E5-9D8B-1B3291D38A4E.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 414
  • EA40C663-A552-4EDA-92D2-FF0BBB708A1B.jpg
    EA40C663-A552-4EDA-92D2-FF0BBB708A1B.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 422
How did you cut the vinyl so accurately? :eek: you’ve done a cracking job there, looks really good. I like the cut out and black BMW lettering. :thumb2

Sorry blues n twos only just seen this.

The cut-outs are designed in software, which is what takes the time. The files they create are then fed into a vinyl cutter which just replicates whatever you've designed, over and over again. So once you've done the hard work in the design, the job is done.
Cutting them takes minutes, and fitting them takes about 20 mins per box.

My OCD has kicked in and I've just done the set of Givi Outback Trekkers that I've also got. Gonna have to lie down for a bit!!

Sorry blues n twos only just seen this.

The cut-outs are designed in software, which is what takes the time. The files they create are then fed into a vinyl cutter which just replicates whatever you've designed, over and over again. So once you've done the hard work in the design, the job is done.
Cutting them takes minutes, and fitting them takes about 20 mins per box.

My OCD has kicked in and I've just done the set of Givi Outback Trekkers that I've also got. Gonna have to lie down for a bit!!

You’ve done a great job there :bow :thumb2

Now where do I pick up a viny cutting machine :D

Back
Top Bottom