F750 GS ECU Remapping

Sammy Cunningham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Im seriously thinking of doing ECU remapping on my 750 to achieve the extra 13HP the 850 has, has anyone done this yet and any feedback on the results? from the results I've researched it seems it gives much more at the top end of the box which in my opinion is what the 750 needs.

Interested to hear any and all feedback wether its results based or opinion?

I’d be surprised if just a remap liberates all those horses. JJH

I looked into this a couple of years ago and was told that the timing and camshafts are slightly different, so the full 13hp can not be gained. If anyone has taken their bike to Hinkley, I would be interested in the outcome.

I looked into this a couple of years ago and was told that the timing and camshafts are slightly different, so the full 13hp can not be gained. If anyone has taken their bike to Hinkley, I would be interested in the outcome.

I'd be interested in that but to see if there's a difference with the low speed stuff rather than top end. I enquired with Booster Plug & AF-Fied and both said pretty much the same thing.
"BMW uses a different O2 sensor part # on the 750/850 and they have changed some things on the O2 sensor circuit for the late model R1250 and F750/850 models. The manufacturer of the AF-Xied has not come out with a unit to work with those bikes yet, sorry."

Im seriously thinking of doing ECU remapping on my 750 to achieve the extra 13HP the 850 has, has anyone done this yet and any feedback on the results? from the results I've researched it seems it gives much more at the top end of the box which in my opinion is what the 750 needs.

Interested to hear any and all feedback wether its results based or opinion?

Having had both I’d say it’s opinion. The 850 has more go above 6K rpm, but I couldn’t feel much of a difference. Neither bike is really about top end shove.

I'd be interested in that but to see if there's a difference with the low speed stuff rather than top end. I enquired with Booster Plug & AF-Fied and both said pretty much the same thing.
"BMW uses a different O2 sensor part # on the 750/850 and they have changed some things on the O2 sensor circuit for the late model R1250 and F750/850 models. The manufacturer of the AF-Xied has not come out with a unit to work with those bikes yet, sorry."

The 1250 came with the wideband O2 sensor from day 1, but the 750/850 where launched as Euro 4 and with the narrowband sensor, and then the sensor is changed to the wideband sensor from 2021 model and on. This means that the AF-XIED will work unless your 750/850 is a 2021 or newer...

If you are not sure, the bikes with the WB sensor are Euro-5, and they come with two O2 sensors, where #2 is positioned after the cat, in order to comply with Eu-5.

I'm also interested in the ECU upgrade that rs2e offers, but I have a 2021 model so the difference doesn't look as good as the '18 model.

https://www.rs2e.de/en/services-prices/catalog-bmw-motorrad/power-mapping-for-bmw-f750-gs

Either way, when comparing the engine parts at the realoem.com partslist, it seems like the 750 and 850 share the very same part number for the cylinder head, camshafts as well as the throttle housing. It seems like the power output difference between the 750 and 850 is all about software. Thus, if someone is able to change the software in the 750 and allow the engine to run unrestricted, there appear to be no technical reason for the 750 to be as powerful as the 850. Additionally, if the modification richen up the restrictions required to meet the EU requirements, there should be no reason for the 750 and 850 both should output slightly more. especially at midrange, than the OEM 850.

As for the 850 to improve top end power, there will be at best marginal improvements, as the engines already are richened up at wot.

Back
Top Bottom