Classic 500

0ba790ce38c8acd6a4e42d3c36f160a1.jpg

They are getting the hang of this advertising lark;:okay

Whilst I cleared the decks and sold the Himalayan, GSA and my Golf GTE whilst license is suspended, I was getting depressed looking at an empty garage, so I picked this up, and it was delivered on Tuesday. I can’t ride it yet, but I can polish it a bit, and do a few minor jobs that need doing on it ready for when I can.

That hideous grip tape has already gone

Standard air filter had degraded, seal was perished and was looking sorry for itself so I’ve done an oil change, Hitchcock’s crank case breather, DNA replacement filter, replaced the Bosch plug with an NGK Iridium.

It fires up off the kick starter easily, so far first kick, but it’s a little slow on the button, battery looks like the stock Indian unit so I’ve got a Motobatt on the way, and that will do for any mods (has a rorty Goldstar silencer with removable baffle fitted and I have all the stock parts).

Roll on September when I can get the license back (hopefully) and trundle around the Cheshire / Lancashire lanes with a big smile on my kipper

49df807a7cb1950e3dc85d56d10017f1.jpg

fab97f88fc2b0765b55f8722174c3235.jpg

Those chrome tanks suit that model. Nice bike :thumb

I don't think my knees would cope with kick starting though. Just as well there's leccy start as well :)

Those chrome tanks suit that model. Nice bike :thumb

I don't think my knees would cope with kick starting though. Just as well there's leccy start as well :)

It’s the easiest bike I’ve ever kicked into life, unlike my old VOR 530, that made even my old XR600 seem gentle .

That VOR was evil, blew up about every 19 seconds as well

Back
Top Bottom