GPR v Akroprovic

Your principles, your money, your 1200. How nail bitingly difficult do you really want to make it? Ask your Pratts Bottom Sunday ride-out mates; it’s like minded banter that makes motorcycling (forgive me, bikers) what it is.

If you can’t decide between spending £1000 or £300 on an end can.... Or, are you asking in an oblique way if the GPR Furore Nero (cool name, that) is a repurposed Baked Bean tin which self-destructs at the first hint of Kentish winter? Or maybe you are asking if it has an authoritative bark and makes a statement?

Then it’s £1000 for the looks of the Akrapovic or £300 odd, for the looks of the Italian number. £700 is a lot of looks or roughly 540 litres of petrol or 5,400 miles. That’s all but dammit a full service interval. Now, it’s up to you.

As to school? Well, at least they taught me some degree of rugged independence. If not a lot more. You?

GS Akrapovic....looks....hmmmm

You really are relentless.
I’m not sure wether to be flattered or a trifle concerned that you had the necessity to troll my every post…
I’ve encountered pricks in my time but you’re a cactus!

I only made one reply
:eek::eek:

I was joking...but seriously...I had a GPR on my 2019 XR1000, good quality, made to order and at a good price from the UK importer. They offered discount and exhaust came directly from Italy. Didn't lose too much on the resale

For the new GS I went with the black Arrow from B&C Express who are UK importers. They also advertise on ebay at a cheaper price but ringing them they matched it. I called them as I had some questions
I got the ALUMINIUM DARK MAXI RACE-TECH SILENCER WITH CARBON END, paid £396 for it last July

There are some pics of it on here if you give it a search. I think it looks good, it sounds good and I wanted one with a fixed bracket not a fixing band around it

I think Akrapovic could have done a lot better with the looks, but just my opinion

This is their website - Item identifier is MPN:71805AKN - There are different finishes

Despite it only listing as a R1200GS, it's fine for the 1250 which I why I telephoned them - It was also delivered from Italy as opposed to stock, took a couple of weeks

https://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/buy/Arrow-Road-silencer-dark-alu-carbon-cat-retained/71805AKN.001#eq1

This is their ebay outlet - Notice the lower price, same item, I just mentioned the ebay price once I was happy it was going to be right and oredered it over the phone

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264782270810?epid=848250172&hash=item3da640d15a:g:DScAAOSwb~RftTpe

The baffle is easily removable, very small tab that pops off and there is a circlip holding it in. I prefer the baffle in

Lots of choice of exhausts, you just have to choose what appeals to you, everyone has preference, I was glad I went with the arrow one

Mick - pay the £12 to subscribe and get yourself a Akra off this site for around £500 and you will recoop most if not all of that when you sell on. If you want new, I recommend Giannelli as they are Arrow for a cheaper price and look and sound great.

Back
Top Bottom