Route from Scotland to ABR Festival in June

meintjiesj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Going to take a few days off and ride down to ABR festival at Ragley Hall at the end of June. Idea is to go down the middle of the country i.e.
Pennines
Dales
Peak District

Any suggestions for routes and places to visit on that route and then suggestions when I get to bottom of Peak District which route to take to the Festival.

You are going to the Adventure Bike Riders’ Festival..... be adventurous, look at a map and employ just a little imagination. Your forefathers carved out the empire. You can do it. You’ll deffo need your Soundbomb, be sure to toot it and stand on the pegs as you ride in.

My mum (86) lives near Ragley Hall. You could ask her but she’s very deaf. She has though driven in Rome and up the Stelvio, two epics that leave others on these pages awestruck in slack jawed amazement.

PS It is often a huge help if you can give bods even the vaguest of hints as to how long you have got to hoon / potter / bimble / press wild flowers around the Dales / Pennines / Peak Dustrict and on to Warwickshire. A day, two, a week, a month? On road or off-road? I’m guessing the former but I could well be wrong, given your destination and intended purpose.

Going to take a few days off and ride down to ABR festival at Ragley Hall at the end of June. Idea is to go down the middle of the country i.e.
Pennines
Dales
Peak District

Any suggestions for routes and places to visit on that route and then suggestions when I get to bottom of Peak District which route to take to the Festival.

Pick up the southern end of the M42 around Brum and leave at J3 or J4, will see you right, about 5-10 miles from the M42, is Ragley Hall

Is that adventurous enough??

How cool is this....

686567883487ade3eb185a2f4e356c06.png

Edinburgh to Ragley Hall, reasonably twisty (no motorways and swerving major roads but hopefully no truly horrendous goat tracks) and exportable to a GPS.

https://kurv.gr/epmzU

Well wicked, as the kids say.

Have you seen this thread: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/513673-Adventure-Bike-Festival-July-2020/page3

Skip to post 37 for all the gen as there’s deffo other like minds going.

Our beloved OP adventurererer has decided to leave the bike at home and has set off to walk to Ragely Hall instead…..

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=476&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fdan.doherty.524%2Fvideos%2F10159118333263605%2F&show_text=false&width=267" width="267" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

You are going to the Adventure Bike Riders’ Festival..... be adventurous, look at a map and employ just a little imagination. Your forefathers carved out the empire. You can do it. You’ll deffo need your Soundbomb, be sure to toot it and stand on the pegs as you ride in.

My mum (86) lives near Ragley Hall. You could ask her but she’s very deaf. She has though driven in Rome and up the Stelvio, two epics that leave others on these pages awestruck in slack jawed amazement.

PS It is often a huge help if you can give bods even the vaguest of hints as to how long you have got to hoon / potter / bimble / press wild flowers around the Dales / Pennines / Peak Dustrict and on to Warwickshire. A day, two, a week, a month? On road or off-road? I’m guessing the former but I could well be wrong, given your destination and intended purpose.

Yes, should have given more details at the start. Thinking of leaving Monday, so 4 days down sleeping Thursday eve close to the festival grounds. Will do Lakes on my way back up again. Particular fond of single tracks and twisties. Try and keep to speed limits these days, few too many points on the licence, the black BMW estates are very sneaky up here in the Highlands. I plotted very similar route to what you have there, but as always the hidden gems are normally just off your chosen route.

Attachments

• 1542AC3A-394C-40CE-825D-D590F6B48211.jpeg
    1542AC3A-394C-40CE-825D-D590F6B48211.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 162

Back
Top Bottom