LED Headlamp adjuster

Never come across this mod before, it looks interesting.
I see the lights on various sites including ebay but, where is the best place to get them?
I guess there isn't any MOT ramifications from fitting the light.
The adjuster looks to be a great bit of kit :thumb2
Any downsides to doing the mod?

I made for myself 2 locks, (2 bikes) for my Garmin XT but would be interested to see what you are doing.

Never come across this mod before, it looks interesting.
I see the lights on various sites including ebay but, where is the best place to get them?
I guess there isn't any MOT ramifications from fitting the light.
The adjuster looks to be a great bit of kit :thumb2
Any downsides to doing the mod?

I made for myself 2 locks, (2 bikes) for my Garmin XT but would be interested to see what you are doing.
I think most people have got them through AliExpress. Depending on the exchange rate, there is s small variation in price, but this version that the adjuster fits is actually the cheaper of the two versions and is better sorted (after having seen AndyL's headlamp).

For the XT lock. This will be just 7mm thick, made with stainless and ABS - so it has minimal intrusion to any existing set-up that uses the OEM powered mount. Uses a custom key. More to come. I am running some trials at the moment

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

***Calling Mondrage and F650PLS***

Tried to message you both but looks like no subscriptions, so I can't message you.

Can you reach send me an email address?

Thanks

I think most people have got them through AliExpress. Depending on the exchange rate, there is s small variation in price, but this version that the adjuster fits is actually the cheaper of the two versions and is better sorted (after having seen AndyL's headlamp).

For the XT lock. This will be just 7mm thick, made with stainless and ABS - so it has minimal intrusion to any existing set-up that uses the OEM powered mount. Uses a custom key. More to come. I am running some trials at the moment

Cheers :thumb2

***Calling Mondrage and F650PLS***

Tried to message you both but looks like no subscriptions, so I can't message you.

Can you reach send me an email address?

Thanks

I’m here I’m here!
I’m subscribed but lost my pwd. Working on it.

I’ll send you my email address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mondrage. Mail me: finback at Mac dot com

Hi,

Emailed you as well - let me know the PayPal details and I'll sort out the payment and send you my address.

Mine arrived today, and is currently setting. Many thanks to Rodin for a speedy delivery, and a very well thought out and well made product. I think I may have to gently run the 8mm bit through the fitting collar as per instructions, but looking forward to getting it back on the bike, and making the light fit like it should have done in the first place.

Cheers!
:beerjug:

Mine arrived today, and is currently setting. Many thanks to Rodin for a speedy delivery, and a very well thought out and well made product. I think I may have to gently run the 8mm bit through the fitting collar as per instructions, but looking forward to getting it back on the bike, and making the light fit like it should have done in the first place.

Cheers!
:beerjug:
Glad the post did it's job

Glad too it's already fitted and in use. No flies in you! My wish is it just sits there doing its job.

One small point I didn't mention. The main screw into the blue component is deliberately a close fit. You don't want it rattling itself into a new position. I'm hoping it's about right - lose enough to turn, tight enough to hold itself in position.

All feedback welcome

I got mine from Matt Gecko headlights.

https://mattgeckoleds.com/shop/ols/products/led-headlight-bmw-r1200gs-and-adv-oil-cooled-and-hexhead

and it doesn't have a way to adjust height. Just rests on the pin on the bike.

GS%20Headlight-Instrument%20Cluster-M.jpg

Above is the OEM headlight with the adjuster.
Mine does not have that.

So, I hope with this adjuster I can finally make it stay where I adjust it.

Back
Top Bottom