LED Headlamp adjuster

Hi, I have PM’d you, I would like to buy an adjuster too please :thumb2

Fitted my headlamp and adjuster today, how far are you guys adjusting the height with the adjuster? is there a rule of thumb for headlamp height?

Fitted my headlamp and adjuster today, how far are you guys adjusting the height with the adjuster? is there a rule of thumb for headlamp height?
I think at 6ft from the wall the top of the beam should be the same height as the centre of the headlamp.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hello Pitrat. Sorry not to get back to you. Just a tad too much going on right now.

The beam, for the led headlamp which has a straight, horizontal cut off, should protect roughly 900mm off the floor when you're sitting in the bike and (I think) 5m away from the wall you're protecting onto. - in level ground. I can't remember the precise numbers just now, but that's approx it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi Pitrat

Have replied . Thanks for the feedback.

On the back of your comments (broken blue component - free replacement will be sent ). I have a hunch - but that's all it is right now - that for anyone using this adjuster, I think it's worth noting that when making an adjustment to the beam, I recommend backing off the main mounting bolts either side, just enough so the headlamp unit can rotate.

I'm not saying this is why yours broke Pitrat, I'm just using this as an excuse to remind others!

On a separate note, I will shortly offer an alternative mounting piece for those who want it. Essentially it is a screwed down version of the fixed mounting piece, rather than stuck down. Images to follow shortly.

Out of interest -
anyone declared this to their insurance co ?

and
Has anyone been and had their MOT done ?
(thinking here more about the beam alignment with the adjuster in place)

cheers

Out of interest -
anyone declared this to their insurance co ?

and
Has anyone been and had their MOT done ?
(thinking here more about the beam alignment with the adjuster in place)

cheers
I've had 3 MOTs with this lamp fitted. I've never spoken to the guys doing the MOT. I turn up, leave the bike, get a phone call to come and collect it. Never had a solitary word mentioned.

A horizontal (non biased) is now very common for bikes ie. normal. Additionally, the lamp is purpose made for the job. Those two details are important.

I have been meaning to advise my insurer. When I do, I suspect 3 MOTs will reassure anyone on their side unsure about it. Also, it is not a 'performance' modification. I'm not worried about advising them but I don't look forward the £50 policy alteration fee!!!!!

I'm not worried about advising them but I don't look forward the £50 policy alteration fee!!!!!

Try BeMoto next year Rodin, I don't get charged a penny for any Mid-term Adjustments with them.....

Just as an update - Bike flew through MOT today with the LED headlight (and Slips most excellent adjuster!) and not a word mentioned

:thumby:

My mot tester didn't even comment on the headlight a couple of weeks ago. Btw I don't have an adjuster, headlight beam for me is just about perfect without one, do you guys find you need to adjust yours often then ,just wondered why you feel you need one. Mine seems to be fine with or without luggage, though I do have Wilbur's front and rear.

The problem on fitting is that the 14mm diameter hole underneath for the locating spigot grommet is actually a 14 x 20 mm slot this allows the unit to pivot on the side mounting rubber bushes by 6mm.
This gives adjustment from too high to way too low and no way of locking it in position.

more info in this thread
https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...he-new-MoT-regs/page9?highlight=led+headlight

Yes I noticed that. When I fitted mine I simply packed it out using a rubber grommet and another piece in front of it to stop it moving around. It worked for me. I just wondered why you felt you needed an adjuster that's all, as once in the correct position it's beam pattern is fine.

Yes I noticed that. When I fitted mine I simply packed it out using a rubber grommet and another piece in front of it to stop it moving around. It worked for me. I just wondered why you felt you needed an adjuster that's all, as once in the correct position it's beam pattern is fine.
Thanks for your comments. I get what you're thinking, but actually, when you load the bike up, even with ESA adjusted suspension, the beam can need some adjustment (I speak from experience) so other drivers are not blinded. It also gives a third connection point, more akin to the OEM lamp.

Regarding 'locking in position' the screw running into the blue component is quite a tight fit and there is a reasonable about of thread paying through it. My expectation (hope) is that it will act a little like a giant nyloc nut and resist vibrating out of position. Any feedback on how that's working would be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom