LED Headlamp adjuster

Got mine last week, fitted it and left it to bond for a of couple days (which gave me time to make a perspex headlight protector!) then on with the new light and first ride out on Saturday. Easy to adjust and looks great.

Many thanks to Slipperyeel for sorting out this well made bit of kit.

Got mine last week, fitted it and left it to bond for a of couple days (which gave me time to make a perspex headlight protector!) then on with the new light and first ride out on Saturday. Easy to adjust and looks great.

Many thanks to Slipperyeel for sorting out this well made bit of kit.
How did you go about making the headlight protector?
I bought one of a guy on here but unfortunately it's for the standard headlight so doesn't quite line up with the mounting points.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I purchased a piece of A3 size perspex from Ebay for under £10 this made 3 protectors.
Removed the plastic trim ( 4 screws ) from the headlight and used it to make a cardboard template to transfer to the perspex.
Cut the perspex with a 1mm slitting disc in an angle grinder and used a 5mm center drill to drill the holes.
Sanded and polished the edges , You tube vids show a flame being used to Finnish the edges but I have not tried that.

xVbkxnu.jpg
[/IMG]

Got my adjuster a few days ago so thank you Slippery. Headlight arrived today. Feels nice and solid, metal where I thought they would use plastic. However, the far right semi circle lens is loose, wobbles from side to side :-(

Anyone else had this? I'm guessing the light cover (thin polycarbonate it seems) is bonded on so not sure what to do. Definitely need a headlight protector I'd say so will have to see if I can find one that fits. At least it's light nights at the moment so I have time to fix it somehow!

How did you go about making the headlight protector?
I bought one of a guy on here but unfortunately it's for the standard headlight so doesn't quite line up with the mounting points.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I got some perspex for free - lots of businesses have had screens made for this covid stuff but have too many or are not using them - and used a jig saw to cut it out after taking off the front panel of the headlight and drawing around it. Bit of sanding using 80, 120, 240 and 1200 grit paper to smooth the cut edge out, then some 5mm expanding rubber bushes and torx screws to hold.it on. I'm working away today but will post a picture when I'm back. Took about an hour and was very satisfying.

I'm glad the adjusters are arriving and people are fitting them.

One tip I think might be obvious (maybe not?) Is when you tighten the main bolts either side, you want them as tight as you can, but allowing the adjuster to move the headlamp. I guess there's a sweet spot that you'll need to find, but once set, I suspect that'll be it done.

For the spacers immediately behind the wheel - white spacers. There is actually only meant to be one, the chamfered spacer. Long story, I experimented with a few and the last sample I had in front of me had both spacers so I copied it - but I forgot that was just a test . It doesn't really affect anything, it just means on max extension of the screw thread the bolt is only half way into the blue part. Small detail! You can remove one spacer if you wished. It won't stop it going it's job.

All feedback welcome. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Received and replied

Excellent!
well done!
Can I buy one from you?
Shipped to Greece.
Sure I can get one to Greece - can I deliver personally? I wish!

Didn't get an email? Did you send via UKGSer mail?

Just tried the link for the tips on fitting, says it's expired, does anyone have a digital copy by any chance?

Thanks

Just tried the link for the tips on fitting, says it's expired, does anyone have a digital copy by any chance?

Thanks
Hi Pirat. I saw you tried to mail me (my inbox was full!). I can re-send the link, might be easier that way

Back
Top Bottom