Dane motorcycle clothing....thoughts?

I have Dane gear and Rukka, I prefer Rukka but Dane is very good. Unfortunately I have out grown some almost new Dane kiit - I’ll put the details in the for sale section for anyone interested.

Richard

+1 for Dane. Great 3 layer Goretex. Mine is few years old and only gets used a few times a year. The 'zip togethers' both came with the 'other half' of the zip so it can be sewn onto whatever trousers you wear.

Go and see them, they are fantastic quality.

tom

That is the one I was thinking of, he kept quite a large amount of sizes and the owner was very knowledgeable about the brand

Edit. Just looked at his website and he now only lists Dane gloves and base layer kit so worth ringing first.

He’s still selling all of it but hasn’t updated the website since before the lock down.

+1 for Dane.
I bought a Dane Asted Jacket & pants about 14 years ago (direct from a dealer in Holland)...Goretex ProShell, warm comfortable and has never, ever leaked in all those years of touring. Well made & thought out and still going strong.
Prefer it to Rukka... for some reason I can never get comfortable in Rukka gear. Prior to this Dane outfit, I had a Rukka Armadillo suit, which at the time was a lot of cash to part with.... sadly the Armadillo did'nt fit as well and leaked....badly!!

Have been wearing Dane for 10 years now, previously Gore Tex Performance Shell and now Pro Shell. The stuff is super comfy and fits me really well, you can get different length in trousers (36 inch inside leg yay !!). Neither of them has ever leaked and I got 50,000 miles out of the Performance Shell before changing it. I have had a couple of issues but they have all been sorted out very quickly, they even moved the knee armour pockets in the trousers as they were way too low for me ! I won't buy anything else now, should be able to get a full Pro Shell suit for a grand if you buy something on offer.

Klim latitude jacket and trousers. Water proof and good for four seasons. In winter I have a base layer, heated jacket and in the summer just a base layer. Venting is great. It is tough with good armour although would say the back armour is too short IF not used with Klim trousers otherwise fine with.

On my second set of Dane gear now. Had countless other brands over the last 40 years. The perfect riding gear is the holy grail really. Not found it yet, but Dane the closest so far. Not many outlets unfortunately but I am lucky as Hideout quite close to me.

Hi, all.
I'm late in the post however I have the following for sale:
DANE Gortex Pro 3 LAYER LAMINATE Sealand Jacket & DANE Gortex Pro 3 LAYER LAMINATE Lyngby Trousers for sale. Jacket size 56 (44”) Trousers size 38”, trousers can be adjusted smaller by using the velcro adjuster.
Both in excellent condition. Jacket used about 6 times. Trousers only used twice. Both come with unused zip in thermal liners & SAS TECH body armour.
Far too much information to put on here regarding this suit, please google for more information.
Make no mistake this is a bargain for some top quality riding gear.
This suit cost me £1030.
I’m selling the Jacket for £300 & Trousers for £280 or £560 for both.
Prefer collection, also would be better to collect in order to try on etc. but can post at buyers cost.
Located nr Huddersfield.
DM me for any further info.
Thanks.

I have Dane gear and Rukka, I prefer Rukka but Dane is very good. Unfortunately I have out grown some almost new Dane kiit - I’ll put the details in the for sale section for anyone interested.

Richard
Managed to lose a fair bit of timber and back using the Dane gear again, now three years older and it's still great gear and kept me bone dry after a wet weekend just gone in the Borders.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

randomly I was a main UK dealer for dane, kushitani and another brand we sold loads, I thought it was excellent value dry and warm
Whatever happened to Kushitani’s UK availability? Can we still obtain it in Britain?

Whatever happened to Kushitani’s UK availability? Can we still obtain it in Britain?
I lost touch the the EU distributor whom we helped get back into the UK when the UK rep disappeared... they really had no idea what was possible with the brand... someone must have picked it up as it was really well made stuff....

I lost touch the the EU distributor whom we helped get back into the UK when the UK rep disappeared... they really had no idea what was possible with the brand... someone must have picked it up as it was really well made stuff....
Unfortunately, I can’t find a Kushitani retailer currently in the UK. What a shame! I wore Kushitani gloves for years; they were outstanding quality and considerably better made than Dainese.

I'll ask.... matey who was the account handler for the EU distributor...

I've tried allsorts over the years with the exception of Dane, but it looks good quality kit. Layering though is the key for all season garments and everyone has their pet way of doing it. Buying goretex with plenty of vents for the summer is what a lot of people do and add extra mid layers when it gets colder but I've found in the past that no amount of zipped vents are enough to keep you cool in the warmer months and abroad. Currently have a full Halvarssons outfit which like Dane is excellent quality and vfm but am switching to mesh or highly breathable clothing for 3 season riding and started with the Klim Marrakesh trousers which have proved to be bloody brilliant. Despite being highly breathable and genuinely the only trousers I've had that genuinely keeps you nice and cool, and hands down the most comfortable M/Cycle trousers I've ever owned. They also kept me dry in a recent lightish shower thanks to the DWR coating, but heavier rain? No chance which is why I pack WP overtrousers. I don't mind stopping iof it chucks it down as it takes no more than a minute to chuck the WP trousers on. I hope to add the Marrakesh jacket when funds allow and keep the Halvarssons suit for winter riding. I have come to the conclusion that to be really comfortable in all seasons, you need two suits. One for winter months, another mesh type or highly breathable for 3 season riding you can layer up for the cooler months and chuck in waterproofs in case of downpours.

I have come to the conclusion that to be really comfortable in all seasons, you need two suits. One for winter months, another mesh type or highly breathable for 3 season riding you can layer up for the cooler months and chuck in waterproofs in case of downpours.
Are you somewhere warm? In the UK, I need one suit for three seasons: autumn, winter and spring 🌧️

But on dry days, I discovered that perforated leathers are surprisingly comfortable in spring, summer and early autumn. I prefer them over riding jeans.

I'm in Glos. The only mesh type clothing I've tried are the Knox kit (which I didn't find that comfortable) and the Klim Marrakesh Kit (which is). I currently use my Halvarssons Prime jacket all year round but even with its vents, it can get a bit warm at the height of summer. Great for 9 months of the year though.

Another thumbs up for Dane. i have a pair of Dane trousers & a Halvarssons jacket. As soon as my jacket needs replacing I will be going for the Dane option.

Back
Top Bottom