Dane motorcycle clothing....thoughts?

team duvet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anybody wear Dane gear?.....thoughts please:nenau

TD
:thumb2

I looked at it, called them too. But never saw it in the flesh. Gets good reviews and a decent warranty, but not 6 years..If you use call the uk supplier he'll offer a discount code for 10%. From memory I think it was IAM10...if you search my posts it'll probably crop up when I posted earlier from fresher memory..

My pal is on his second Dane suit, he wouldn't use anything else. He describes it as Rukka quality at half the price. Where in Yorkshire are you ?

Dane is excellent.

Like rukka great in cold and wet.

Shite in the heat

I have some Dane goretex gloves which have been spot on.

Hi all,

Anybody wear Dane gear?.....thoughts please:nenau

TD
:thumb2

I looked at them last year and quality was very good, really good stockist in Hull which had loads of kit and Sportsbike Shop in Leeds carries stock.

I would reckon they are at least as good as current Rukka kit but cheaper, howver, sizing is different . I only did not buy because I was between their sizing

Top quality gear though when first bought I found it very warm to wear. I had upper chest/armpit vents added and that has made a huge difference to the comfort and hasn’t compromised the water proofing.

The best put together gear that I have owned though I haven’t tried Rukka.

I have had BMW Dainese Klim and Spidi and while doing the job they didn’t match the Dane for comfort. A good point (to me at least) is that they use minimum Velcro fastening, only on the cuffs of the jacket and the waist adjusters on jacket and trousers.

Thanks for the replies guy. It's a bloody mine field new gear, I ride all year in all weathers etc. Not heard a bad thing really about Dane.

Stever...I am near Leeds.

randomly I was a main UK dealer for dane, kushitani and another brand we sold loads, I thought it was excellent value dry and warm

Thanks for the replies guy. It's a bloody mine field new gear, I ride all year in all weathers etc. Not heard a bad thing really about Dane.

Intogear in Hull is a dealer for Dane. It may be worth a visit.

Intogear in Hull is a dealer for Dane. It may be worth a visit.

That is the one I was thinking of, he kept quite a large amount of sizes and the owner was very knowledgeable about the brand

Edit. Just looked at his website and he now only lists Dane gloves and base layer kit so worth ringing first.

The only true kit for all weathers is a layered system.

Anyone tells you otherwise is talking bollocks

The more waterproof something is, the less vented it is and vice versa

The only true kit for all weathers is a layered system.

Anyone tells you otherwise is talking bollocks

The more waterproof something is, the less vented it is and vice versa
Layered as in, waterproof drop liners etc where your jacket outer gets completely soaked then acts as Aircon to freeze you too? No thanks.

For the UK laminated goretex works extremely well for me. My Klim jacket doesn't have any thermal liner so it's not a warm jacket as such, and with the vents open has been fine up to 35C in Slovenia and Italy and down to -5C in the UK. If it rains there's no stopping and faffing. Perfect kit? No, but very good and it copes with the 20 types of weather we get every hour.

randomly I was a main UK dealer for dane, kushitani and another brand we sold loads, I thought it was excellent value dry and warm

As one of your customers I agree :D

Layered as in, waterproof drop liners etc where your jacket outer gets completely soaked then acts as Aircon to freeze you too? No thanks.

For the UK laminated goretex works extremely well for me. My Klim jacket doesn't have any thermal liner so it's not a warm jacket as such, and with the vents open has been fine up to 35C in Slovenia and Italy and down to -5C in the UK. If it rains there's no stopping and faffing. Perfect kit? No, but very good and it copes with the 20 types of weather we get every hour.

Layered as in
Base layers
Light jacket
Proper waterproofs (which adds another wind stopping layer).

Not layered jackets (as only stupid fuckwits think that’s a layered system), at least 3 separate garments.

Layered as in
Base layers
Light jacket
Proper waterproofs (which adds another wind stopping layer).

Not layered jackets (as only stupid fuckwits think that’s a layered system), at least 3 separate garments.

This is why I asked, I've heard both described as layered. For some reason there are many evangelical folk who spout on about how great it is to be swapping a liner from inside a wet jacket under a bridge on the M1.

For me, I picked up some Vannuci base layers on sale at Louis in Tilburg, and they have been superb. One of those plus a T-shirt, with my Klim jacket is all I need until it gets down to < 10C, at which point I add a thin ski-top from Aldi. :thumb

I have a Dane Sealand jacket and dane Nordcap lobster claw gloves, both work well.

Back
Top Bottom