Schuberth Src or sena

farmermo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been having a few connection issues with my src and considering a swap to the sena system.
Anyone else swapped?
Is the sena considered a better, more reliable system?
Cheers

The SRC's don't have mesh as far as I am aware.
As said above I would go for a more modern mesh alternative like Cardo Packtalk.

Girlfriend and I both have Schuberth lids with integrated coms, mine has the Sena 10U with remote, hers has the Schuberth branded same thing. Great for bike to bike, but we have just bought two new bikes, a R1250RS and a S1000XR for her. No way could we get any route directions out of either bike while connected together. Just removed both intercoms and fitted Cardo Packtalk. Waiting for a chance to go and ride them to see if they are much better.
Sena 10U and SRC are for sale.

I've got SRC Cardo and Sena for C3 and E1. Connecting SRC to other systems is a real nightmare. Sena seems to be a winner here. Soundwise I would say both systems are similar.
Voice commands seem to work great on SRC and I think there is more features too. In fact can't get Sena voice commands to work.
Mic is better situated on the Sena system.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I've got SRC Cardo and Sena for C3 and E1. Connecting SRC to other systems is a real nightmare. Sena seems to be a winner here. Soundwise I would say both systems are similar.
Voice commands seem to work great on SRC and I think there is more features too. In fact can't get Sena voice commands to work.
Mic is better situated on the Sena system.

Sena is very specific with the wake up phrase - i was shouting until i was blue in the face and feck all worked.

Until i found out i was saying the wrong wake up phrase lol

get it right, and its very good

I’ve tried both to, the Sena ,connected easier and did not drop out . The reason I changed from the SRC was it made the helmet tighter around the collar .

Does the sena function ok without the handlebar remote, or is it essential?

It doesn't need the remote to work but I guess it makes life easier as the control buttons are hidden in the helmet(the src buttons are easily available).
I don't have the remote.

It doesn't need the remote to work but I guess it makes life easier as the control buttons are hidden in the helmet(the src buttons are easily available).
I don't have the remote.

Yeah it works as it should with or with out the remote. The remote is attached to your bars, so you can just use that without taking your hand of the grip ( similar to the wonder wheel, ) however if you have the wonder wheel, it might be tricky placing the remote on the bar itself. I am talking GS or RT ,not sure on your bike.
If you don't have the remote ,there is two two buttons that lie in the collar of your helmet, fiddly to find and use, but you get use to them after a while

Sena is very specific with the wake up phrase - i was shouting until i was blue in the face and feck all worked.

Until i found out i was saying the wrong wake up phrase lol

get it right, and its very good
I've tried everything but still doesn't work. It should react on any loud command? Do you need to say any specific word?

I've tried everything but still doesn't work. It should react on any loud command? Do you need to say any specific word?

What have you got ? sena or cardo both have SPECIFIC wake up commands

I have both but cannot wake up Sena.
Cardo works with all loud command

Sena needs the command "hey Sena" before anything will work .

IE

IE "Hey Sena" it responds with say a command " play music" it responds Stereo music

It does. But it needs it in an American accent. Or at least it did on mine....

Same on Cardo Packtalk - right up until you discover that you can specify UK English in the Cardo App. Since I changed the setting to that it responds 99% of the time.

I now have sena on another helmet with the vox options enabled. However, still cannot use voice commands. It doesn't react, I've tried everything. Initially I thought the sena on the other helmet is broken but I have exactly the same problem on both! Not to mention that the sena app keeps saying I'm disconnected even if my phone is connected via Bluetooth. Any further advice re the sena vox?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Could it be the pronunciation?

Is it Sena as in Senna (Ayrton) or Sena as in seena.

tom

Back
Top Bottom