Considering moving back to a GS, but which one and should I do it?

Interesting, thanks. How tall are you if you don’t mind me asking?

5'8"

I now use their touring screen on the low setting, which for me, is perfect.

The downside is that during hot weather it's too hot, and I generally put the standard one back on and use earplugs.

5'8"

I now use their touring screen on the low setting, which for me, is perfect.

The downside is that during hot weather it's too hot, and I generally put the standard one back on and use earplugs.

Thanks, I'm 6'4" so I think I'll find things different. On my old GSA I had the touratech clip on spoiler thing and that helped a bit. I always wear ear plugs :thumb2

So I'm just taking a lunch break during my GS and GSA tests and the GS was a definite no after about 5 mins, too small for me. Enjoying the GSA so far, feels super agile compared to my Harley :yelrotflm

So far the plus points are the suspension, handling, and far less strain on my low back. Cons are that there's more stress on my arms, the seat's not as comfortable and the noise from the screen is horrendous no matter what position I put it in. The noise from the standard GS screen was worse so I'm not sure a smaller screen (eg rallye screen) is the way to go. I've not decided yet what I'm going to do, I think I'll know better once I've jumped back on the Harley.

So I'm just taking a lunch break during my GS and GSA tests and the GS was a definite no after about 5 mins, too small for me. Enjoying the GSA so far, feels super agile compared to my Harley :yelrotflm

So far the plus points are the suspension, handling, and far less strain on my low back. Cons are that there's more stress on my arms, the seat's not as comfortable and the noise from the screen is horrendous no matter what position I put it in. The noise from the standard GS screen was worse so I'm not sure a smaller screen (eg rallye screen) is the way to go. I've not decided yet what I'm going to do, I think I'll know better once I've jumped back on the Harley.

After returning home the Harley definitely puts less stress on my arms which is better for me, however it's really made me aware how bad the suspension and the brakes are on the Harley.

Has anyone else found strain on their arms/shoulders and found a way to solve it, or is it just because of my Fibromyalgia? I've seen some Wunderlich bar risers that raise the bars 38mm and also move them back to the rider 27mm, in theory this should help with arm position but it's still a gamble.

Back
Top Bottom