Peg lowering

BigKev67

Reaction score
Do the lowered pegs sold by Nippy Norman (Wunderlich) make much difference on the 1250GSA. I am considering buying the GSA but my 36 inch legs feel a bit cramped. I believe they drop the pegs by 20mm which is not a lot. Also do they set the pegs forward at all?

I feel the same problem with my legs so I installed SW Motech ones. They helped a bit and my knees feel more relaxed now.

Do the lowered pegs sold by Nippy Norman (Wunderlich) make much difference on the 1250GSA. I am considering buying the GSA but my 36 inch legs feel a bit cramped. I believe they drop the pegs by 20mm which is not a lot. Also do they set the pegs forward at all?

If you ride hard low pegs not good idea, high seat made more high by special company is better like most say, I do not ride hard, have low pegs BMW and sometimes touch ground.

I put the touratech pegs on my 1250 gsa which lower them about 25mm i think, believe me its the centrestand that hits the road first before the pegs on the adventure...and im a 22 stone bloke so im lower to the floor than most :blast

Made a nice difference comfort wise though :thumby:

I’ve got lowered pegs (BMW) and a higher seat (Touratech) plus a “lowering” plate which if flipped, raises the front of the seat. 36” inseam and still searching for the right combination.

We always thought lowered pegs were possibly the cause of my mates crash in the Picos

<iframe width="1881" height="730" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mqF81U9M-J4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I put the touratech pegs on my 1250 gsa which lower them about 25mm i think, believe me its the centrestand that hits the road first before the pegs on the adventure...and im a 22 stone bloke so im lower to the floor than most :blast

Made a nice difference comfort wise though :thumby:

Only ever caught the stand 2 up loaded on a depression of the suspension on a corner with a dip .
Standard pegs catch be for the stand .

Wow that video is interesting. On the left bend before the crash there appears to be something below the bike ?
If the pegs touch down dont they spring back so they dont lift the bike ?
The wunderlich pegs look beautifully made and from the pics they seem to sit forwards as well as lower .

Wow that video is interesting. On the left bend before the crash there appears to be something below the bike ?
If the pegs touch down dont they spring back so they dont lift the bike ?
The wunderlich pegs look beautifully made and from the pics they seem to sit forwards as well as lower .

TBH we never did get to the bottom of it but the lowered pegs were in the list of suspects

TBH we never did get to the bottom of it but the lowered pegs were in the list of suspects

A mate of mine crashed in that area a few years ago , we put it down to the polished road surface that seems to appear on the corners at times especially where the heavy goods run.
Where he crashed (bike just went from underneath him) we could see the refectection of our hi viz ( post crash) on the road just at the point the scratch marks showed.

Only ever caught the stand 2 up loaded on a depression of the suspension on a corner with a dip .
Standard pegs catch be for the stand .

Thats correct done it myself many times...but a adventure is 50mm taller than the standard gs, i just cant see you touching the pegs down on the gsa before youve run out of tyre...

Either way if you that far over your having fun :okay

Thats correct done it myself many times...but a adventure is 50mm taller than the standard gs, i just cant see you touching the pegs down on the gsa before youve run out of tyre...

Either way if you that far over your having fun :okay

I have the GS , running with the full tractive system , not the GS but yes , always having fun ..:beerjug::beerjug:

I'm 6ft4, on a 1200GS with the higher seat option. I've got the Motorrad lowering pegs fitted and find they make a worthwhile difference to knee comfort, haven't found any problem with scraping yet. I only went for the Motorrad ones because they're a bit nicer looking than the NN ones.

Hi - I had the Motorrad adjustable foot pegs on my 2014 and 2017 GSAs and never had a problem. Part number 77258525360. Will be listing fs when I get round to it later today or tomorrow

6ft 6in here

GSA 1250 here. Lower pegs, bar raisers (just up, not up and back) front seat....front bit on high back bit on low. Perfect.

6 Iron Butts (1,000 miles in under 24 hours) done with said set up.

Just my pennies worth. Lower pegs really helped me.

TD
:thumb2

I'm not an ace rider admittedly, but I have I think pushed the bike here and there, and never had an issue with the oem lower pegs. I did recently sell mine, however, as on trying the originals again on the new bike, for now, I think I prefer the feel of a higher, more sporty position.

I'm not an ace rider admittedly, but I have I think pushed the bike here and there, and never had an issue with the oem lower pegs. I did recently sell mine, however, as on trying the originals again on the new bike, for now, I think I prefer the feel of a higher, more sporty position.

I agree with you no problem with pegs, but here you must be best rider or info will not count. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom