Super glide sport......

Nice one.
Farkling is fun.

30 years ago, AP Lockheed brake pads and Goodridge Aeroquip hoses sorted out the brakes on my twin disc Evo FXR a treat - things MUST have moved on now so it should be a doddle to make them better.

A lovely bike...PLEASE don't bloody farkle it. A decent exhaust, sort the brakes and just ride it...:thumb2

If Sir requires more power.......

Attachments

• Dyna Super Glide Sport T.jpg
    Dyna Super Glide Sport T.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 136
Congratulations, that is one of the best looking Harley D's that I've seen.

With twin front discs surely it should have decent brakes, did that model not have just one when first introduced? I'd have thought that changing the hoses and putting good pads in would do the job. Do Ferodo make Platinum pads that will fit? They aren't grabby but heat up very rapidly and escalate their effectiveness, a nice progressive pad.

I get the US symbology with Screaming Eagle pipes but a better analogy would be Grunting Hippo.:)

From personal experience I can thoroughly recommend HEL brake lines as a worthy upgrade to one of the better HD braking systems.

Johno is a man of taste, rest easy ;)

Happy new bike Johno, it’s a lovely bike :)

Andres

Thank you gents, I do love the simplicity of this bike and as such not much will be changing on it. As suggested by a few I will be probably fitting a 2 into 1 probably in black, definitely not chrome, but maybe something else. Any recommendations regarding manufacturers and suppliers would be appreciated, it’s a bloody minefield out there!
I’ll also be following Doris’s advice re the brakes, maybe fresh oil, bleeding, new pads and lines etc will improve them. I think I should be able to get them to work a bit better. I won’t actually get the bike home for a week or two as I’m going to be away,but I’m looking forward to putting a few miles on it over the summer.:beerjug:

Ps. Recommendations for the tyres too please......:blast

Tyres = Avon's at + 2psi

Exhaust = Supertrapp 2-1 Black

Thank you gents, I do love the simplicity of this bike and as such not much will be changing on it. As suggested by a few I will be probably fitting a 2 into 1 probably in black, definitely not chrome, but maybe something else. Any recommendations regarding manufacturers and suppliers would be appreciated, it’s a bloody minefield out there!
I’ll also be following Doris’s advice re the brakes, maybe fresh oil, bleeding, new pads and lines etc will improve them. I think I should be able to get them to work a bit better. I won’t actually get the bike home for a week or two as I’m going to be away,but I’m looking forward to putting a few miles on it over the summer.:beerjug:

Ps. Recommendations for the tyres too please......:blast

Loads of choice on the pipes, just spend a couple of hours on youtube.

Avons are the best all round tyres out there IMO.:thumb2

Tyres = Avon's at + 2psi

This is the answer

Plus Brake lines and upgraded cam chain runners

The logo on the chrome battery cover is double sided tape - have that off and rattle can the chrome satin black.

job done.

Tyres = Avon's at + 2psi

Agreed re. the Supertrapp. Mine came with one on and it is a quality bit of kit and can be adjusted regarding your preferred noise level. (I tend towards the quieter end of the decibel range nowadays, nice sound but not all 'look at me' offensiveness). They are damned expensive though.

Supertrapp ... Quality bit of kit :thumb2

P7150030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom