Can’t believe I nearly sold it!

Nick Marshall

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What was I thinking!

It’s the perfect bike for me.
Not too heavy. Handles, stops and goes like stink. Love the instruments. The wheels. etc. etc. etc.
Infact I don’t think there is anything I don’t like about it.

Replaced the seats today. Not sure why. But I did anyway. Plus fitted a front fender extender.

Nothing really left to do now.
Just ride the bloody thing.

Nick, Is that some form of rear mudsling/fender type thing around your number plate, or the standard 'R' rear end. If it's an addition, do you think it would fit the 'RS'

Im sure Nick will answer, but I think you will find that's BMW part no 46628543348 and does fit the RS, but check with your dealer, I bought one recently for my R from Cotswold BMW (£43 delivered), fits straight on with no mods.

No need for me to answer.
It’s exactly as john has described.

Proper BMW part. Designed for a foreign market that must have more rain than us.
Probably Australia.

Why are you carrying around a cordless drill on the back :D

Im sure Nick will answer, but I think you will find that's BMW part no 46628543348 and does fit the RS, but check with your dealer, I bought one recently for my R from Cotswold BMW (£43 delivered), fits straight on with no mods.

But it's a right pig fitting one with the OEM pannier rails. I know this. And I don't even have the panniers.

So I am buying Nice 'n fat's R1200R !!

I'll be wanting luggage for it, so I guess it'll be the standard BMW panniers - makes sense. Not sure whether to go hard or soft top box - Mrs likes something behind her for longer journeys.

probably get an end can too .... :rolleyes: :D

I'll be wanting luggage for it, so I guess it'll be the standard BMW panniers - makes sense. Not sure whether to go hard or soft top box - Mrs likes something behind her for longer journeys.

I have just put a Akra can in the for sale section if anybody is interested.

I recently went for a Lunch Box Mod.

ps - my Aussie rear mudguard fitted easily in minutes even with OEM pannier rails and rack.

pps - that’s a Cool Cover string vest on my high Sport seat. Excellent piece of kit in hot or wet weather.

Attachments

• 5B608A21-1508-4B88-B23B-D4F4C3E01058.jpg
    5B608A21-1508-4B88-B23B-D4F4C3E01058.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 547
Dispatch riders used to buy an old pillion sean and bolt a box onto it .... ! :thumb2

What was I thinking!

It’s the perfect bike for me.
Not too heavy. Handles, stops and goes like stink. Love the instruments. The wheels. etc. etc. etc.
Infact I don’t think there is anything I don’t like about it.

Replaced the seats today. Not sure why. But I did anyway. Plus fitted a front fender extender.

Nothing really left to do now.
Just ride the bloody thing.

I know this is an old thread but can anyone tell me which Top Box is fitted on this bike?
I like the compact size..
Thanks in advance,

S

Back
Top Bottom