Tyre pressure on bike display

Wonkey donkey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Could have sworn for last 5 years my display has stated the front and rear tyre pressures, I know it did but having doubts:blast

Anyway last ride, and ride today, it states RDC and BAR not front and rear. Have flicked open the manual and had a play with display but damned if I can find out what I’ve done or how to get it back.

Any clues chaps ?

Both sensors feed through the RDC. If either sensor fails, then the RDC picks this up and after a period of time/mileage (say 10 mins or 10 miles), it flags up the orange triangle on your display. I presume this isn't illuminated!

Has the RDC itself failed? I don't know if any warning lights would show if this were the case, but it IS likely, since the sensor failure will display one, so why shouldn't the RDC.
Test this with a mates RDC. Dead easy to access and swop over, just for testing.

Interogate the system with the 911 or Motomate.
The 911 will see what's there (with a wake-up tool), but can't code anything (change hidden parameters), whereas the Motomate Ultimate can, so may be able to give you a better insight into what's wrong.
Just my thoughts...............

No warning lights at all. Just front and rear wording now says RDC and BAR. Funnily enough it’s shows same reading for both at 2.8 where before it showed 2.5 bar front and 2.9 bar rear.

A mystery :D

Can the pressures that are monitored be altered or are they set at the factory and that`s that?
Also - interesting to see that both solo and pillion/loaded pressures set to 2.9.
I won`t be changing the set point, just finding my way around the tft and wondering if there is a setting i`ve missed that allows you to (lower pressure for offroad for example)?

suspect left '2.8' is front (under RDC) and right is Rear pressure.(under Bar)

Try changing one and see if the display changes, then do the other.

If its giving a reading it looks like the battery is still good otherwise you'd get --

One presumes you haven't had any software updates that might have changed the layout

suspect left '2.8' is front (under RDC) and right is Rear pressure.(under Bar)

Try changing one and see if the display changes, then do the other.

If its giving a reading it looks like the battery is still good otherwise you'd get --

One presumes you haven't had any software updates that might have changed the layout

Both would be BAR or PSI

Perhaps a Wonkey photo of the display in question would help?
I suspect WD has a 2015 m/y but its not entirely clear.
Or has it been solved?

Back
Top Bottom