Time to sell - 1150GS Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

vireo

Reaction score
So, I'm having a second go at this post.

I've put off the day that I had to sell this bike a few times over the past couple of years, but the reality is that it is now time to do so and I'm looking for advice on a valuation.

Pending daughter nuptials and a large medical bill are forcing my hand a little, but the bike isn't getting the use it needs to justify keeping it, and in truth it has only ever been an indulgence on my part to have a GSA for pootling about on a weekend and nipping into town.

I know that by asking for €6000, everything included, I am looking for a top end price. It is not yet advertised anywhere else so I will take advice from folk on here if I'm well off on price. Located in Waterford.

Here's the spec:

Silver
35300km
2 owners from new
Imported from Germany by myself - search back on my threads to an early one and you'll find it
2 keys,
Logbook, all original documentation receipts for service intervals
EVO Sport gearbox
BMW Topbox
Brake pedal extn
Bagster Tank Cover & Bag
Custom re-covered standard seat (I'm 185cm)
Battery Charger
Torbinators on/for screen
Upgraded hose fuel connections
RAM mounts x 2
HID light upgrade
Rear hugger
Light bar with spots
Touratech Panniers
Cut off footrests
Shortened indicator stem
Tyres with <2000km on them

there's probably other bits I've forgotten

I bought it near Karlsruhr from the original owner, a mechanic in a Motorad dealership, so the bike has had a very easy life and only let me down once, 3km from home, when a fuel pipe connector cracked. Both were subsequently replaced with better after-market versions. The 35300km is fully accurate - hard to believe perhaps, but as I said, it has been a toy for me and was parked up (indoors, covered, filled with fuel, tyres delated etc) for 3 years at one point.

The pic in this posting is from last week and in the next post (before last years seat cover replacement) are others from not too long ago. Plenty more are available if required.

Attachments

• 20210513_113428.jpg
    20210513_113428.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 471
More pics

Attachments

• 914_114548.jpg
    914_114548.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 476
  • 914_180426.jpg
    914_180426.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 474
  • 914_180514.jpg
    914_180514.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 476
  • BMW1150GSA_114445.jpg
    BMW1150GSA_114445.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 477
  • 914_114633.jpg
    914_114633.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 475
The spec is good but it's still a 17 year old bike with 35,000 miles, it's not a time capsule example.

You never know what someone will pay if you wait long enough, but you asked for a valuation and I'd think your price should start with a four.

The spec is good but it's still a 17 year old bike with 35,000 miles, it's not a time capsule example.

You never know what someone will pay if you wait long enough, but you asked for a valuation and I'd think your price should start with a four.

Hi Paul

That's 35k kilometres.....so about 22k miles. :rob

So I am assuming your 4 has a £ in front of it, and not a €. I could be convinced at £4990. :aidan

Point taken though - thanks for the feedback.

1150 adventure

Earlier this year I went to look at an 1150 adventure. It was 2002 with the non servo abs. 80k klm. Tyres were new, and it had been recently serviced. Only extra was a genuine adv topbox. The asking price was €3900.
It was clean and had been looked after. I had imported it from Germany in 2005 and had done 35k Klm before I sold it on. I was sorely tempted to buy it back.
I have been watching them on donedeal and other sites and €6k is optimistic in my opinion. One sold in wexford in march for €2500 complete with all the original luggage. There was a fair bit of corrosion on it and mileage was high. Personally I think they should be worth more as they are iconic.
Bf.

Since Brexit it is too much hassle and import cost from UK is hard to pin down. Looking further afield a nice clean 1150GSA is not far off this price. Then add transport/collection costs ......

I have been watching them on donedeal and other sites and €6k is optimistic in my opinion. One sold in wexford in march for €2500 complete with all the original luggage. There was a fair bit of corrosion on it and mileage was high. Personally I think they should be worth more as they are iconic.
Bf.

Since Brexit it is too much hassle and import cost from UK is hard to pin down. Looking further afield a nice clean 1150GSA is not far off this price. Then add transport/collection costs ......

Thanks, I appreciate the input folks.

I am open to offers, hopefully my asking price is realistic. Based the costs of bringing in a very similar one from Germany, I think that my valuation is close to the mark
Eg:
https://mobile.de/260K3V
https://mobile.de/260K3T

but I'll review in a while if there is no interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom