How do I look at a GPX route?

The Chief

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I have a question about this GPX thingy and SATNAV. I managed to upload some received GPX files on to my BMW IV for this last weekends Welsh Trip. Is there a way to revert it so that I can see the route in detail so that when I revisit in a couple weeks time, I can see where the waypoints are set and where I can join the route from North Wales as opposed to mid-Wales this weekend past?
I'm not tech-savvy so any relevant pointers would be gratefully accepted.
Steve

Just use the same route as is, and choose the option to take you to the route not take you to the start of the route and it will take you to the nearest point where that route is to you.

So I have a question about this GPX thingy and SATNAV. I managed to upload some received GPX files on to my BMW IV for this last weekends Welsh Trip. Is there a way to revert it so that I can see the route in detail so that when I revisit in a couple weeks time, I can see where the waypoints are set and where I can join the route from North Wales as opposed to mid-Wales this weekend past?
I'm not tech-savvy so any relevant pointers would be gratefully accepted.
Steve

Yes, display the route in BaseCamp.

PS Moved and fresh thread created, to avoid a thread about MyRoute being hijacked.

Yes, display the route in BaseCamp.

PS Moved and fresh thread created, to avoid a thread about MyRoute being hijacked.

Apologies - no hijack intended. What is BaseCamp, please? So now I have my own thread I can put a bit more meat on the bone. I am returning to Wales in a few weeks but entering from the North. I was just wondering if there was a way to open up the route on the PC to locate the best point / s of entry if that makes sense.

Apologies - no hijack intended. What is BaseCamp, please? So now I have my own thread I can put a bit more meat on the bone. I am returning to Wales in a few weeks but entering from the North. I was just wondering if there was a way to open up the route on the PC to locate the best point / s of entry if that makes sense.

Basecamp - Garmin's route planner for laptops, PC's etc. Many users consider Basecamp the work of the devil & there are a number of better (IMO) alternatives available

Having used (very old) Mapsource for years in preference to Basecamp, I've now moved over to MyRoute, which I find to be more intuitive. Its free, although you can pay for extra features, I've not found the need. https://www.myrouteapp.com/en

If you're running Windows 10 on reasonably good hardware then search the Microsod=ft Store for GPX Player. It works but it's greedy for every system resource.

Back
Top Bottom