Marriott Motorcycles - Birkenhead. Now taking care of BMW's in the North West

MotoRevive

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi. I'm Ted. I run MotorRevive Workshops on the Wirral.

I have been an accredited Motorcycle Technician for nearly twenty years with half of that time being spent with BMW. I also run a restoration and repair business for modern classic overland and adventure bikes. Some of you know me through this group and have had your bikes worked on by me.

Well I am selling my home workshop and moving premises. This may be a 2 year process.

In the meanwhile, I've joined forces with Marriott Motorcycles in Birkenhead. A Kawasaki and Suzuki main dealership which has been serving the Wirral for nearly 70 years.

If you are in the region and would like the experience of a BMW technician in a friendly 'Old school' Motorcycle shop dealership then please look us up. We have brand new professional workshops, a fully trained sales and parts team and the experience and knowledge of decades in the motor trade. We are a face to face business. You can chat to your technician. We are as non-corporate as possible.

We are happy to take care of ANY age of BMW and we have the experience to do so.

And yes ! We can stamp your service book, maintain your warranty and liaise with your BMW main dealer if need be.

https://www.marriottmotorcycles.com/

See you around.

Remember going around Marriots in the late 70’s , delighted they are still going and good luck with the new venture.

Nice to see someone soldiering on. :thumby:

Best wishes with the new venture. :thumby:

The head span in there knows his BMWs too, great shop been going in there since I was chewing hubba bubba and done my original training with their school, great lads, best of luck with branching out Ted

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

What happened to the workshop Ted, I heard it had a fire last year?

Yes. In February 2020. It totally devastated the entire workshop. Which luckily was a steel annex at the back off the dealership. So the building and sales stock were spared. Lots of smoke damage though.

Then lockdown hit! So a double blow. Then their only tech left. So I stepped in to help rebuild the workshop and work a couple of days to keep the workshop open. Now I'm working there four days a week.

Yes. In February 2020. It totally devastated the entire workshop. Which luckily was a steel annex at the back off the dealership. So the building and sales stock were spared. Lots of smoke damage though.

Then lockdown hit! So a double blow. Then their only tech left. So I stepped in to help rebuild the workshop and work a couple of days to keep the workshop open. Now I'm working there four days a week.
Happy days, for them and for you it was saved. I was in Fuerteventura at the time in my Camper and remember hearing the news, but heard it was up in flames but didn't know to what extent, good to know it wasn't a complete disaster, sometimes positive things actually come out of it which sounds like it has

Tyres

Hi. I'm Ted. I run MotorRevive Workshops on the Wirral.

I have been an accredited Motorcycle Technician for nearly twenty years with half of that time being spent with BMW. I also run a restoration and repair business for modern classic overland and adventure bikes. Some of you know me through this group and have had your bikes worked on by me.

Well I am selling my home workshop and moving premises. This may be a 2 year process.

In the meanwhile, I've joined forces with Marriott Motorcycles in Birkenhead. A Kawasaki and Suzuki main dealership which has been serving the Wirral for nearly 70 years.

If you are in the region and would like the experience of a BMW technician in a friendly 'Old school' Motorcycle shop dealership then please look us up. We have brand new professional workshops, a fully trained sales and parts team and the experience and knowledge of decades in the motor trade. We are a face to face business. You can chat to your technician. We are as non-corporate as possible.

We are happy to take care of ANY age of BMW and we have the experience to do so.

And yes ! We can stamp your service book, maintain your warranty and liaise with your BMW main dealer if need be.

https://www.marriottmotorcycles.com/

See you around.

Hi Ted hope you well , Ross here Steve Hunters son from the blood bikes, I am after some advice i have a GSA 2021 and have the factory bridgestone tyres on that i am not impressed with, i will be riding all year round and was after what you would reccomend tyre wise for replacements , ive been pondering with nobblies ?

Hi Ted hope you well , Ross here Steve Hunters son from the blood bikes, I am after some advice i have a GSA 2021 and have the factory bridgestone tyres on that i am not impressed with, i will be riding all year round and was after what you would reccomend tyre wise for replacements , ive been pondering with nobblies ?

I would always recommend fitting the tyres that match your conditions. I personally don't agree with fitting knobblies to bikes that live on the road. You're sacrificing 50% of your grip for nothing but aesthetics. I really like the Bridgestone A41 adventure tyres. I have them on my 1200GS and they work well in all weathers and can even handle very light trails.

Back
Top Bottom