Newbie in the South West

NeilMac

Reaction score
I was over on one of the adventure bike forums looking at information about an R1150GS and saw a mention of this forum.... and here we are.

I returned to motorbikes a couple of years ago after a break of around five years. At the time I bought an Armstrong MT500 just for bashing about on and at the time that was that.... until the idea of touring was planted by YouTube.

Just before Covid arrived I bought a VStrom 650 (what timing eh?), having ridden plenty of big stuff since I was a teenager, I fancied something a little more ... restrained, and I am very happy with my choice, but of late I have been looking at adverts for 1150 and 1200 gs's and this seems like the best place to find information.

I don't know yet if I will get a GS, I'm recently retired and don't have a wedge of cash in my back pocket, but if I do start looking seriously, it would be a good idea to know what exactly I am looking at.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm still finding my way around.

Mike, thanks for the link but I don't have access to that section of the forum.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm still finding my way around.

Mike, thanks for the link but I don't have access to that section of the forum.

It was a link to my R1150GS for sale thread, bike is low mileage and close to you in Bristol just in case you are interested.

Membership is only £12 and well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom