Dent

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning All,

This weekend has a change of plans. No more Dent for me. George has got us 2 places, last minute ones, on our First Aid course that we need renewing for the Safety Boat work. We have got to do our CIS cards too, at the moment we only have red ones and we need to upgrade them to green, labourers' cards. that is another one day course to teach you how to not stand under things that might fall, or on things with sharp spikes.....I can't believe the stupidity of some people needed it pointing out to them that a nail sticking out of a plank is not a good place to put your foot. :rolleyes: I suppose being brought up at sea with all the dangers on board ship brings, in a moving environment, you learn to see danger before getting close to it. Observation dad called it. :thumb2

Nobody will be going to Dent at this rate.

Nobody will be going to Dent at this rate.

Myself and the Mrs are away for 10 days from tomorrow, but we booked in at Dent on Friday and Saturday night in the MH. So I at least can buy you a pint......:D

:beerjug:

Myself and the Mrs are away for 10 days from tomorrow, but we booked in at Dent on Friday and Saturday night in the MH. So I at least can buy you a pint......:D

:beerjug:

Wobbly box alert... are there any motorcycles going?

Wobbly box alert... are there any motorcycles going?

No bikes on this trip. We were away oop north anyway, so decided to stay in Dent for a couple of nights . If we get to have a beer with a few guys from here that would be great.
Part of the reason for being up in Yorkshire is I want to collect an exhaust system for my Z1000A1 that I’m restoring. That’s in Skipton, which isn’t far away I believe.:)

I'll be on a bike, I hope to ride some of those great Yorkshire minor roads and maybe some trails.

Just washed the ancient HG suit that I wore in Iceland and with one degree C forecast for overnight Friday I'll have the thermal liners in too.

Looking forward to the weekend even though I'm currently off the booze. Weight loss campaign is to cut out most sugar, all snacks except a few nuts , and alcohol. Funny how the weight just started to fall off. Keeping to that until I get back down to 90 kgs. Lockdown and gym restrictions mean that far too much muscle has turned to fat and at my age that could easily turn out to be permanent.

Still, riding a bike burns calories, lots of them, so this is good.

No Green lanes for me if I'm on the Harley.

Morning all. Nice clear skies out.is this the calm before the storm.
And as the song goes.
Should I stay or Should I go.

Morning all. Nice clear skies out.is this the calm before the storm.
And as the song goes.
Should I stay or Should I go.

Birds waking the world up, first cup of tea of the day in garden as dawn greets me.

Birds waking the world up, first cup of tea of the day in garden as dawn greets me.

Love this time of year and the best time of the day. For me anyway.
Daylight is on its way.

Attachments

• 20210520_041235.jpg
    20210520_041235.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 96
1st trip of the year and on the Harley.

Attachments

• 20210520_091200.jpg
    20210520_091200.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 107
I thought panniers were to fill up with booze.

Vodka beer
Morning
Raining

Back
Top Bottom