New Zumo XT, Basecamp, Express and copying maps

I mean when I go through the install maps to computer routine in garmin express it does a the downloading from the xt but when I check map install from basecamp they are locked. No problem reading maps and using basecamp when xt plugged in. I have updated the xt. Everything seems as people earlier in thread managed to do but instead of being able to unlock the maps after installation I can't see how to do this

Downloading maps to the computer using Garmin Express downloads a different format map that can be installed on the computer. The maps aren’t downloaded to the computer from the Garmin XT.

If you are on Windows I suggest deleting the maps you think you have downloaded to the PC using Javawa. Don’t do this with your XT plugged in in case you accidentally delete the maps on the device. Then try again, if possible post some screen shots of the steps you take in Garmin Express so we can see what you are doing.

I’ve been able to download maps onto multiple pc’s previously. If you can’t do this now report a bug to Garmin. I doubt it’s locked to one PC deliberately,

I’m with Berin on this. I have maps downloaded to a Mac and to two separate MacBooks, in parallel to the same maps loaded onto a Nav V and a Nav VI. They all unlock automatically.

Whenever a map updates, I always delete any record of the old maps, as I see no point in keeping them.

I updated the XT to the latest firmware yesterday.
I’m trying to install the updated maps on basecamp (with the xt connected) but it doesn’t work. Progress bar doesn’t… progress.

Left it there a few hours. Nothing.

And FINALLY!!! went through the whole uninstall everything, reinstall and same result. With the failure to install via garmin express, base camp not even showing up as an app to run/uninstall. Looking through my programme files and not the list of installed apps I noticed a garmin file which contained a base camp folder from 2013 when I had a nav 1V about 4 bikes back. Deleted this folder and for the 6 th time at least went thru the garmin express install maps routine - finally got the blessed green box saying install successful. Tried to run base camp and although detail maps installed it crashed twice with message from windows. On second time it invited me to install a fix for zumo connection which I downloaded and now all is running perfectly with detail 2021 Europe maps installed in base camp on my computer, matching those on my XT. At least 10 hours spent on this - good job I’m retired ! Hopes this helps someone else and thanks for all the encouragement and advice along the way:thumb2::thumb2

Harmon XT

Hello chaps
I have just used my new XT for trip to Yorkshire dales via Wales.
I create via Basecamp and transfer on to external SD card.
When I imported via the trip planner tag.
If the route on base camp was say 188miles. 5.5,hrs
When I opened on the XT the route it is correct and the mileage very similar but it seems to Knock/reduce the travel time.
When you set off travelling the pre planned route the arrival time is unrealistic and whist travelling it keeps putting the arrival time out?
Strangely when you plan a route manually on the XT the arrival time is accurate.

Any suggestion where I am going wrong.
:thumb2:thumb2

I doubt you are going wrong anywhere. plan the route in base camp and unless you alter the setting (speed, curvy, avoidances) its pretty much static, in the xt everything is in flux when out and about on the bike (moving) your times will alter with speed and maybe different settings on the xt compared to base camp. I would not worry to much as long as its not telling you you have 100 miles to go when you are in fact there.
Then again what i have just put maybe complete bol---ks and there is some one here who may be able to give you the correct reason for the issue you have if indeed there is one.

Hello chaps
I have just used my new XT for trip to Yorkshire dales via Wales.
I create via Basecamp and transfer on to external SD card.
When I imported via the trip planner tag.
If the route on base camp was say 188miles. 5.5,hrs
When I opened on the XT the route it is correct and the mileage very similar but it seems to Knock/reduce the travel time.
When you set off travelling the pre planned route the arrival time is unrealistic and whist travelling it keeps putting the arrival time out?
Strangely when you plan a route manually on the XT the arrival time is accurate.

Any suggestion where I am going wrong.
:thumb2:thumb2

You're probaly not wrong at all. I see this every time I plan a route as my average speed settings in BaseCamp are more realistic that the over-optimistic Zumo.

Back
Top Bottom