It’s that time of year again....

Thank you

What a fantastic weekend:thumb It was exactly what we needed after the last few weeks.
Unfortunately we had no bikes with us, but actually, that gave us a chance to sit around and do as little as possible which was great:) Great to see everybody again. The hotel was suberb, as always:thumb2

We are definitely going to go for a longer weekend next year. The 2 nights go waaaay to quickly.

Thanks Jochen:beerjug:

A great weekend outing, and good weather too. Thank you Jochen and all others who contributed and thanks to Lawrence for helping me explore the handling of the great white whale on local boreens (unlike the wide boulevard on which this photo was taken!)
22deb338919faa88f5a5d3c5a2d4f112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Culprit

Walked 10km yesterday to take this photo.
In spite of early booking or room, and all being well, this boulder jumped out and hit my shoulder last Sunday whilst I was trail riding. Collarbone, ribs, breastbone, the list goes on and on.
I was doing circa 20KPH when front wheel went round left hand side of said piece of rock, and my shoulder was the first item to make contact with the ground.
My October bike trip to the Balkans is now in doubt, but I will wait another few weeks before cancelling.
Pain levels:
2 cocodmol at night, otherwise nothing unless I wish to have a dump.
Still, hope to be there next year.

Attachments

• Shoulder2.jpg
    Shoulder2.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Boulder2.jpg
    Boulder2.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 169
Jane and I still here. Another fantastic meal and a few quiet jars. A great weekend (again), thanks to Jochen. We will be back again next year, on 2 wheels…..

4 days biking and no rain - whatever next!

This Leenane weekend was very pleasant, all the more so with the dry roads. The hotel has to be commended for continuing friendly service and good food.

Lunch in Nevins was tasty. I got a phone call on Friday 1000h just as I was going out the door to say that the Gráinne Uaille restaurant (where we had planned to have lunch) was closed due to Covid.... Luckily, Nevins took on the job, a few extra kms but it put us closer to Achill for the ones who wanted to keep going West...

Nice to see some new faces and thanks to everyone for making it a good enjoyable safe weekend. I am looking forward to "same again" in 2022.

Don't forget to book!

Here is a link to some photos etc.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xGYD8qPX71AQEDQk9

PS - 45 bikes in the carpark of which 23 came on the main spin.

Walked 10km yesterday to take this photo.
In spite of early booking or room, and all being well, this boulder jumped out and hit my shoulder last Sunday whilst I was trail riding. Collarbone, ribs, breastbone, the list goes on and on.
I was doing circa 20KPH when front wheel went round left hand side of said piece of rock, and my shoulder was the first item to make contact with the ground.
My October bike trip to the Balkans is now in doubt, but I will wait another few weeks before cancelling.
Pain levels:
2 cocodmol at night, otherwise nothing unless I wish to have a dump.
Still, hope to be there next year.

Hopefully you will heal well Myke if not there's always next year

It just goes to show sometimes you can never win no matter how hard you try! I didn;t nook when I discovered an oil leak on my 1150 that needed a major strip down

Even If it had been perfect, I'd have been shot down for the weekend too I had an Abscess in my left buttock that needed slicing and dicing which happened on Friday at the A&E up here and then a further infection has set in!

So I am away till bare me arse at the world again :aidan

When shit knocks ya down ya just gotta get back up and start the climb again

Looks a grand time for one and all

Fantastic weekend, thanks Jochen.
The food and service in the hotel was excellent - we’ll be booking for next year to make sure we get a room.
Big thanks to the ride out leaders and an extra thank you to Jochen for a guided tour of Achill island - along with the great weather it was one of life’s great rides.

Great company too.
Thanks all.
:beerjug:

Great weekend Leenane 2021

Sincere thanks to the organisers, it was a great weekend from start to finish. I didnt know what to expect being a newbie but we enjoyed it so much we will come again and may bring more BMW bike friends if allowed.

Great weekend again

Jochen,
Thanks for organising yet another great weekend.
The hotel did themselves proud yet again.
Many thanks
Matt

Back home reflecting on a great weekend - thanks to those who piece it together - great work.

Attachments

• DSC_0117.jpg
    DSC_0117.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 302
Just arrived in Lenanne, where are yis all? :D

Attachments

• 20210913_140009-01.jpg
    20210913_140009-01.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 252
Double chowder....Jochen :okay

Attachments

• 20210913_141724-01.jpg
    20210913_141724-01.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 244
Just arrived in Lenanne, where are yis all? :D
I drove by a couple of hours ago......if I had've known there was UKGSer royalty floating around I would have called in for a coffee/natter with ya.

I'm up in Carneys of Ballinrobe waiting on the All day Breakfast.
S20 5G sent this......

Bit late but myself & my mate Dave took a detour to the south west for a few days. Great weather & some beautiful roads

Anyway, that was a great weekend. More people than ever before, we were all obviously ready for a few days away

Thanks to everyone who attended & great to see some new faces. And a BIG thanks to Laurence for leading the run & Feargal for doing sweeper. Also thanks to the hotel for their usual friendly atmosphere & good grub

And we’re doing it all again next Sept - Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th. The hotel is taking bookings by email already, don’t miss out - info@leenanehotel.com

Double chowder....Jochen :okay
Bastid :p
I’d love to have met youse but ‘unfortunately’ I have a boat to catch on Wednesday :D Enjoy the stay & give my very best to the lovely Ange :beerjug:

Room booked again also, with a note included thanking the hotel for their efforts again this year.
No harm saying thanks again also to the organisers .

pmcc

Coming back and bringing reinforcements

Bit late posting this but had a great time with the group in Leenane that we booked in again for 2022.
Also mentioned the site and group to one or two more BM heads who are going to join up and also want to attend the 2022 event.... no pressure on the organisers whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom