Still on!

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After all the Brexit and Covid worries, I just wanted to confirm that this event will definitely go ahead.

Your glorious leader Boris has confirmed that you will be free from end June so no reason not to come.

Some may be worried about increased paperwork alledgedly needed to visit France. The latest news is that should not be needed. If anyone gets stopped, just tell them you are my guests and I'll sort any issues. The local mayor is a friend and a great chap who is easily bribed with alcohol. I have no worries whatsoever.

See you in August.

I know both Boris and Macron are still dithering but event is still ON.

Should be no problem if you are doubled jabbed. We will be following all safety requirement with lots of hand sanitiser etc.

Plan is as follows:
Friday 20th August. There are "Goumand Marchs" in a couple of local towns in the evening. Excellent local food and drink. We can arrange transport so no need to ride bike.

Saturday 21st August. Lots of choice. We have some of the best hidden riding roads in France near here. Just ask MickDB1 who led a ride out. Alternatively, just CHILL OUT here.
There is a large swimming pool to relax in/by.
Massive lake to walk around or fish.
Huge workshop if you want to fiddle with your bike.
A couple of trials bikes to play with.

Evening time is party time. We will have hopefully many of our exat and French friends around for bbq, booze and fun times. Some are from the locam Am Dram club so maybe a few performances.

Sunday 22nd. Morning ride out with local bike club. Mostly Harleys and ex-HOG but great guys and excellent fast riders. Return here for long French style lunch. Use of pool and all facilities.

All are welcome. No charge. You all need a good party after the last year.

Yes, event is still ON.
Latest news is all good. Providing you are double jabbed, then there are no problems entering or leaving France. From this Monday 9th, you will need your "Pass Sanitaire" to visit restaurants and bars etc but apart from that, no issues.

My mate from Jersey, Neil, is already in France on his way here. He's decided to leave the Harley behind this time as all previous Harley trips have ended in disaster.

Our old friend Simon (Sumprat on here) is flying in on Saturday 14th to take charge of catering. Many of you may remember his excellent meals from previous events.

See you soon.

Sid

Hello Sid,

Hope all well.. Unfortunately not going to be able to come down this this time, I'm struck down with Covid at the moment and am struggling somewhat with it.

Hope to see you in 2022 if you do another!

:thumb

Back
Top Bottom