BASECAMP - won't drag to change route

mw3230

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
An irritating problem - sometimes when I've created a route I spend quite a bit of time amending and refining it by dragging the route around on the map. For some time I've experienced a little problem whereby instead of dragging the route to where I want it to go, the whole map moves around the screen when I move the cursor instead of just the route. It's intermittent - sometimes I can make a couple of amendments and then the next time I attempt to change the route by dragging the problem occurs. Some times it doesn't happen at all

I think I've seen this mentioned before but can't find the reference. Forgive me if I'm being thick but can anyone suggest a fix, or is it just an annoying Basecamp foible, one of those things users learn to live with?

I have the same problem since an update. Not aware of a fix. As you say, it’s irritating more than anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac or Windows? For Mac, select the arrow tool, click on the route you are dragging and hold for a second, press option key, and then drag - seems to work OK

For a Mac...

Hand tool (used to drag the map) place on route. Click. Elastic bands appear, drag.

Shaping tool. Place on route. Elastic bands appear, drag.

Just realised, it's different for a route and a track. With a route, do what Wapping said, with a track, option-click-drag with the hand tool, just click-drag with the arrow.

For a Mac...

Hand tool (used to drag the map) place on route. Click. Elastic bands appear, drag.

Just had a look to see what my install does in this situation and the hand just moves the map about.
BUT reading the other thread about Nav V vs IV and saw the options window and noticed that I have 'Use Alt while dragging to move or insert data' ticked.
CTRL+O, General, at the bottom
Found if I press Alt while in the 'Hand'/Pan tool, it allows pulling of route to your choice.

It may be same for you...

For a Mac...

I have a Mac

I've been trying it again and the 'fix' seems to be to click, wait a second , then drag. I've must have been a bit too quick on the click/drag combo of actions.

Hopefully that's it sorted, thanks all

Yup, it sometimes takes a moment or two for the ‘dragging’ to become active.

Back
Top Bottom