Klim Badlands

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, Any of you lads own a pair of Klim Badlands Gore-Tex Long Gloves ?
I am looking for a pair of warm waterproof gloves.
Also looking at the Rukka Virium.

Cheers Doc

85 views.
Presumably nobody has a pair ?

I bought a pair of Viriums in J&S’s sale last year. Nice gloves that ooze quality. Completely waterproof as thoroughly tested on one Scottish trip when it absolutely peed down dawn to dusk and about 250miles. But, the lining fairly quickly detached from the outer on the right hand glove despite me actually having bought a loose fitting xxxl size. J&S agreed to replace which I picked up a couple of weeks ago. The old gloves took a while to break in and become my hand shaped, the new ones feel very odd at the mo. I read a tip somewhere about taking these sort of Xtrafit gloves off your hands especially when your hands are damp and sticky (see below) - loosen all the straps Velcro etc and make sure you grap a decent amount of glove in the opposite hand to keep and outer and liner together as you carefully wiggle your fingers free.

I am not a fan of goretex gloves really as they only make sense to me when it’s raining otherwise I find them cool with a damp sticky feeling when it’s not warm, and warm sweaty damp and very sticky when it’s not cold. I think the sweet spot on a dry day is about 13c. They need a base layer like nearly all Goretex gear to make them comfortable but I can’t be arsed with putting a second pair of gloves on most of the time.

If you are a glove under jacket cuff person then unless your cuff has a good zip and is roomy it’s a struggle as the cuff is bulky. For cuff over the top they are great as long as your sleeve isn’t too big but rain will creep in. I compromise - glove over main jacket, and when I wear it - rain jacket over gloves.

Anyway I paid £130 which was worth it just for that long wet day to have nice dry hands throughout and generally I like them.

Thanks Austin.
Will only be worn when raining. I will take a look when I go to the shop.

After trying various gloves I have bought the Klim Badlands Gtx long.

After trying various gloves I have bought the Klim Badlands Gtx long.

I was looking at these gloves on tinterweb earlier. Watched a few YouTube vids too and decided they were the best ones to get but compliment them with the short Badlands Pro Air for the warmer dry times. Comes to £400 but should last for donkeys years. I couldn’t find any of the short ones in XXXL though.

I was looking at these gloves on tinterweb earlier. Watched a few YouTube vids too and decided they were the best ones to get but compliment them with the short Badlands Pro Air for the warmer dry times. Comes to £400 but should last for donkeys years. I couldn’t find any of the short ones in XXXL though.

Only had them on a couple of times to try. Nice and comfy but not tried in the rain yet.

Only had them on a couple of times to try. Nice and comfy but not tried in the rain yet.

Excellent. I’m sure they’ll perform as expected. I’ve had cheaper gloves and wet hands in the past and it is miserable. Now I can afford to buy the better stuff I’m definitely getting the Badlands ones. When I can get myself to a shop to try them on that is. I have big hands and have trouble getting gloves to fit sometimes. :blast

Excellent. I’m sure they’ll perform as expected. I’ve had cheaper gloves and wet hands in the past and it is miserable. Now I can afford to buy the better stuff I’m definitely getting the Badlands ones. When I can get myself to a shop to try them on that is. I have big hands and have trouble getting gloves to fit sometimes. :blast

I agree. I bought some Dainese waterproof gloves and they are shite.
Got my klims from the sportsbike shop but did go to try them on. Why dont you Just order some from there as they have free returns

I agree. I bought some Dainese waterproof gloves and they are shite.
Got my klims from the sportsbike shop but did go to try them on. Why dont you Just order some from there as they have free returns

I would do that but I need to go and try some heated clothing and other stuff too. It’s gonna be a very expensive trip. :blast Still, it should be a long term purchase. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom