Africa Twin - tubed tyre recommendations

Dave56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As my tyres (OEM Bridgestone’s) are nearing the end of their life on my 2020 standard Africa Twin DCT I was wondering if anyone could recommend a purely road based tyre that is compatible with the tubed wheels of the standard 2020 Africa Twin.
I’ve used Metzeler Torrance Next on my previous Honda Crosstourer’s but I’m open to any other suggestions which may better suit the Africa Twin on the road.
Many thanks.

FS996 aka Neilo of this parish is running Anakee adventures on his and really rates them, I ride with him a lot and have ridden his ATAS and it feels great on them.

I suspect the OEM Bridgestones on your bike are A41 which I find be a good compromise between grip, feedback, wear and cost - overall hoghly recommended, ow on my third set. Front tures last 6500 miles amd rear 8000 miles. how does that compare to your experince ? My OEM Dunlops lasted 5000 and 7000 miles respectively and were nothing like as good in the wet.

I wish I’d replaced the OEM Dunlop’s sooner, they were just numb and did nothing particularly well. Confidence went up massively after fitting the Anakees. Not sure what pure road tyre options there are in the AT’s tyre size, most seem to be 80/20 road/off-road like the Anakees with chunky tread blocks. They have been great in the wet, and also pushed fairly hard on various passes around Europe. If you’re a very aggressive rider you may feel a bit of squirm here and there.

I’ve had Continental Trail Attack 2’s and now 3’s on my bike since day 1. Can’t risk trying anything else as they’re that good.
I was always a Bridgestone man, but after having Conti’s on my KTM 1190, I knew they’d be perfect for the AT and have proved so over and over again.

I’ve had Continental Trail Attack 2’s and now 3’s on my bike since day 1. Can’t risk trying anything else as they’re that good.
I was always a Bridgestone man, but after having Conti’s on my KTM 1190, I knew they’d be perfect for the AT and have proved so over and over again.

I've heard good things about the Conti TA2's on the Africa Twin facebook groups. Many folk swear by them.

I also have them on mine, after having the TA2's on my GS. Love them.

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I’m going to give the Conti Trail tyres a go. :thumb
Must be honest I posted this question on the Africa Twin forum but to be honest I’ve found that about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

I posted this question on the Africa Twin forum but to be honest I’ve found that about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

Yep, I occasionally frequent the two main AT forums and they’re terrible really, but then they are both North America based. There’s better over this side but in weird lingos that I don’t understand. :ronno

as Davy says - i ran TA3s for 7000 miles and you will not get a better road tyre. if you're 'inclined' you can tip over right to the edges of them.

the OEMs will last and have poor grip particularly in the wet because they're as hard as a whore's heart.

Barry

Back
Top Bottom