Mac Big Sur 11.4 software update

sanqhar

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with the latest Big Sur 11.4 update?

My MacBook Pro goes through the motions then fails blaming bad internet connection. My internet is good. I have even tried reloading Big Sur from the App Store, no avail.

tom

I'm probably teaching you to suck eggs but,
1) Check thro the Apple website that your model is suitable for upgrade. There's a whole section devoted on how to check.
2) Run a virus scan, to make sure nothing is blocking the upgrade.
3) Make sure you turn off all applications before trying to install the upgrade.
4) Make sure the Mac is plugged into a power source and also an Ethernet connection (not wifi).

I've upgraded four iMacs and three Mac Book Airs recently but had no problems. I can't upgrade my MacBook Pro yet as I'm waiting for a Ap upgrade but I see not reason why it wouldn't work.

Good luck.

Can't help you because my very expensive photo printer that I just filled with even more expensive ink isn't supported.

On top of richardgore’s suggestions make sure you have a healthy chunk of free memory. I had similar issues with Catalina, cleared some very big files and all was good.

Andres

I'm probably teaching you to suck eggs but,
1) Check thro the Apple website that your model is suitable for upgrade. There's a whole section devoted on how to check.
2) Run a virus scan, to make sure nothing is blocking the upgrade.
3) Make sure you turn off all applications before trying to install the upgrade.
4) Make sure the Mac is plugged into a power source and also an Ethernet connection (not wifi).

I've upgraded four iMacs and three Mac Book Airs recently but had no problems. I can't upgrade my MacBook Pro yet as I'm waiting for a Ap upgrade but I see not reason why it wouldn't work.
Good luck.

BIG THANKS.

Quit everything, turned my anti virus off. Update complete. Antivirus now back on.

Tom

Can't help you because my very expensive photo printer that I just filled with even more expensive ink isn't supported.

Big Sur doesn't support the Canon software I use. I emailed Canon but they aren't interested and have no plans for an update.

I can still print using the computer drop down menus but just not via the Canon software which is a pain.

tom

Back
Top Bottom