Grippy tyres. Recommendations please

With Hexhead sizes in mind, this is going to sound strange given the blocky thread pattern......but you'll struggle to find a stickier tyre than the Avon Trailrider.

I'm going with similar advice too.
I never tried the 01, or any other 100% asphalt type of tyre, on the GS but I've used a number of pairs of Dunlop Trailsmart and I always found them excellent. The only bad thing I can say: the front tyre would get ruined towards end of life (little "steps" I don't remember what would be the term in English) but that could be due to suspension settings, pressure (I keep them a bit on the low side) and any riding errors on my side.

But again, excellent tyres. More than decent mileage and wear:

trailsmart_end.jpg

I found that the telelever front on the GS will "cup" any tyre.

S20 5G sent this......

‘Cupped’ !!

New word of the day for me. Thanks! :beerjug:
In Italian we say "scalettate" that translates semi-literally to "stepped".

I found that the telelever front on the GS will "cup" any tyre

Yes, that's what happened to all my GS tyres. Some more, some less.
I'm running TCK 70 nowadays and the front gets pretty gnarly at some point.

Never had any issues on road tyres with either my old R1150R and R1100S BCR.

With Hexhead sizes in mind, this is going to sound strange given the blocky thread pattern......but you'll struggle to find a stickier tyre than the Avon Trailrider.

I have Conti Trail Attack 3 on my Crosstourer (same size tyres as Hexhead) and in all honesty, you would struggle to run out of grip.......and they'll last much longer than the Avon

S20 5G sent this......
This was exactly my thinking too.

I should add though, the trail attack 3s lasted incredibly well. Actually, better than any tyre I've ever had. Kept their shape nearly to the end.

I've just changed them as Italy return trips are about to start - tyre fitter asked why I was changing... I rode of with the old tyres if anyone wants them, never had a puncture - collection North London. But I didn't want to be worrying about tyres on my trips!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom