BMW Rallye jackets - older editions, colours and sizing?

Max-GS12

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was chatting to a GSer yesterday (in Uckfield around midday if you're on here?!) he had a nice old Rallye jacket with a great lived in look.

I plan to look out for a used one myself but IIRC his was pretty much all grey - what were the colours down the years roughly?

Also sizing - I'm a medium in 90% of jackets I buy, chest around 38/39", 5ft 9", long arms!

Do I just look out for a size EU 50 to give around a 40" chest?

There is a Rallye Pro 2 in a 50 on eBay at the moment. Excellent jackets, had mine on today with the vents open.

Apart from the long arms I was going to suggest a 48.
FWIW, I am 5/8 42 chest and a 52 is a good fit in my comfortshell, but a tighter fit in my Tourshell.
Different models made in different places at different times..........
So I think a 50 will be a little loose in the body but may be right in the arms.

I've got a size 50 that I need to sell, I think it would fit as it is a little tight for me (40 chest)
Send me a pm if you want photos etc

I’m slightly shorter than you and can wear a 46, 48 or 50 in the Rallye depending on the version.
They have definitely got bigger over the years.
Currently using either the 46 or 48 of the previous gen.(last of the inner liner jacket) depending on time of year.
The 50 I’m selling would be close to the current I reckon.
It has more room in the body but the arms are the same size!

I'be got two of the original, rare and best Rallye suits. Black & White, Blue & White.

Size 50 jacket, measures 23 (and a bit) inches armpit to armpit. ... Not for sale i might add, just posted for sizing guidance.

Cheers guys, long arms and roomy body suits as I like to really layer up if needed.

Back
Top Bottom