Crashed Again!

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Front wheel wash out in deep gravel at a considerable speed! :blast It turned 90 degrees on me and a high side quickly followed. Glad I had my helmet and gloves on. Two witnesses ( mates, who I could hear laughing as I was removing myself from the undergrowth ) didn’t manage to get any footage. Thank f#ck! :D I’m gonna hurt tomorrow. :blast Apparently I looked like Steve Austin as I disappeared off the track.
No damage to the bike either. :thumb2

I had a bit of a moment on the Torridon mountains on Thursday, front got stuck and I couldn't unclip fast enough, crashed down a gully smacking my head a few times on the way down, also glad I had my helmet on, more worrying was the fact no one knew where I was and hadn't seen another human in 6 hours.

Bike was fine :thumb2

Yeah, it does make you think sometimes.
I had a good crash on my own a couple of years back riding the Lonesome Pine trail up in Kielder forest. Same thing, blooming miles from anywhere and anybody else. Ended up upside down in a rocky hollow thinking “ shit, have I just hurt myself?” Good job I hadn’t cos there was no one else around at all. Took me ages to get up and moving again. :blast

My good friend came off on the first run at Forest of Dean trail center. Smashed his shoulder into the ground, now held together with two plates. Nasty injury actually. No helmet so a smashed face too but as he's quite ugly that's the least problem

I look stupid on mine - wear a ski helmet. But I don't care how I look if my head stays on. I actually think mountain biking is more dangerous than green Laning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear by sharp front tyres. I run maxxis DHF 2.3. Im paranoid about riding on tarmac as it wears the edge off. A good new front tyre really finds grip when in theory there isnt any. So if in doubt shell out 40/50 of her majesty’s finest notes.

I had a bit of a moment on the Torridon mountains on Thursday, front got stuck and I couldn't unclip fast enough, crashed down a gully smacking my head a few times on the way down, also glad I had my helmet on, more worrying was the fact no one knew where I was and hadn't seen another human in 6 hours.

Bike was fine :thumb2

Admittedly I've got a Garmin insider to supply reduced price kit if I need it but I've got a bike nav device that'll message your nominated contacts (if you have a phone signal) if it thinks you've had an off. Sounds like you need one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..............(if you have a phone signal) ......................

And there is the key point when in remote and mountainous parts of Scotland. I don't know about the Keilder though.

I've now got an AJP PR7 which comes fitted with a Samsung Tab. Bluetooth tethered to my phone Google maps works a treat complete with traffic updates until it doesn't as there's no cell service as I travel through the minor roads in the southern uplands of Scotland.

Spot or similar is your friend.

I remember off roading at work (motorbike - popular area on the North Downs where naughty boys and nicked bikes would go) and we came across a mtb'er with his nose sideways and his face just covered in claret. He'd hit a tree on a quick downhill section.
Properly concussed! Every 30 seconds .. 'Whats happened ... ?' Didn't know where the feck he was. Went through his phone and found his wife who immediately drove over and took him straight to A&E ......

I never fucking crash, ever.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

My good friend came off on the first run at Forest of Dean trail center. Smashed his shoulder into the ground, now held together with two plates. Nasty injury actually. No helmet so a smashed face too but as he's quite ugly that's the least problem.
I look stupid on mine - wear a ski helmet. But I don't care how I look if my head stays on. I actually think mountain biking is more dangerous than green Laning!
Go mountain bike riding twice every weekend. Normally each loop 27.5km. Trail very rough with lots of speed, trees boulders and jumps. Keeps me fit.
Re. Speed: Max circa 50kph. (momentarily)
Helmet: Full face. Anything else is a paper bag on your head.
Armoured top with padded shoulder pads. Hip armour.
Elbows & knees armoured.
Do I fall off? Regularly, but generally only get a few scrapes. Mostly at low speeds. Cannot risk high speed offs any more. Too old. Bones do not bend like they used to.

Back
Top Bottom