Zumo 590LM latest maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Strange thing happened to me x2 today. Plotted a route on basecamp, transferred it, all good when looking at device route and basecamp route after transfer. Only had a start and end point , then dragged into shape, then all points except start and end set to not alert. As usual. No settings were changed. Went to ride the route and all good except travelling along the A3, I get an instruction to stay left and take the offramp near tolworth. The exit road runs for about 700m before it hits a roundabout directly above the A3. So the roads are pretty much parallel. Then it asks me to take 2nd exit and rejoin A3. Again, parallel so no time / distance saving really. This has happened before in the same vicinity so ignored it and true as blue, the route continues on the A3 before eventually turning off 15 miles later. Why would it route you like that? If there was a massive load of traffic on the slip road and I had taken it not knowing my route, I'd be pretty pissed off with the device. Any ideas why it might suggest this

whenb you dragged the route into shape you pinned it to this stretch of road, easily done if you dont zoom map in enough to see detail when dragging the route
happens from time to time on some routes where mway junctions come up, the route will take you off and then back on, its just one of garmins little ways of increasing routing misery/"fun"

A long time ago, I used to see a very similar oddity coming down the A282 to the M25. Leave the main A282, go up to the roundabout, straight across and rejoin the A2. I never did work out why it did this on some occasions and not on others.

A long time ago, I used to see a very similar oddity coming down the A282 to the M25. Leave the main A282, go up to the roundabout, straight across and rejoin the A2. I never did work out why it did this on some occasions and not on others.
Yes, it seems to have re surfaced. @russ I will check my route and see if that's the case when next upstairs on BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom