New F800GS Adventure owner

Phelanmick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I'm picking up my 2015 F800GS Adventure later this week. It's first BMW and it's been 35 years since I had my last bike! I'd like to put a Vario top box on it and wondering is there only 1 model of BMW top box that will fit or are there several models that will work? If one of you experienced GS'ers can point me in the right direction that would be great. As the Vario's are expensive new, sources for 2nd hand or suggestions for alternative lower profile top boxes would be welcome too. Thanks

All sorts of options. If you want lower profile Givi do a nice 30 litre one called I think Trekker Dolimiti and they do their own mounts. I used to have a 1450 Pelicase on mine and the mount I think came from Rugged Roads. Have fun deciding!

I have a Vario box fitted to my 2016 F700gs . Inside it has all the suitability by model. Here is a quick shot. A quick call to a BM dealer to determine your adventure Model number should help confirm.

Attachments

• DC2401BF-AB5F-473D-9BAC-B49FED9BE663.jpeg
    DC2401BF-AB5F-473D-9BAC-B49FED9BE663.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 149
Thanks very Nicklaus for the very useful info. Will check out Givi and also contact a local BMW dealer for their advice and price. 👍🏼

All sorts of options. If you want lower profile Givi do a nice 30 litre one called I think Trekker Dolimiti and they do their own mounts. I used to have a 1450 Pelicase on mine and the mount I think came from Rugged Roads. Have fun deciding!

Pelicases are good value and work well and come in a great variety of shapes and sizes, worth a look if you don't like the other options

Hi, I'm picking up my 2015 F800GS Adventure later this week. It's first BMW and it's been 35 years since I had my last bike! I'd like to put a Vario top box on it and wondering is there only 1 model of BMW top box that will fit or are there several models that will work? If one of you experienced GS'ers can point me in the right direction that would be great. As the Vario's are expensive new, sources for 2nd hand or suggestions for alternative lower profile top boxes would be welcome too. Thanks

Welcome to the wonderful world of the F800ADV.

Have a look in the 800 section for some great tips and all your bike specific questions will be answered in there.

Don’t get hung up on a bmw box. There are many better options out there. JJH

Back
Top Bottom