690 suspension.

mikeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbra
I guess this applies to most of the bikes through to 2021 models ,maybe hussys as well.
I had a sit on a new husky the other week,
It had zero static sag,
My 80 kg made notalot of effect on it,
Back to 690.
I’ve set all the adjusters to comfort.20 back.
I’ve also backed the rear pre load to virtually nothing.
The suspension still seems harsh on the road.
Are the springs really rated for 80 kg rider?
I had a really high speed hit ,60 mph plus over a big hole.
Still never bottomed out.lol
Rode a mates Honda 300 rally at the weekend,it felt so comfortable compared to the 690.( looked like a boat on trails tho)
Any thoughts welcomed.:thumb

Your spring is way too heavy if you have no static sag with no preload.
You should be aiming for 30 -40 static and 100 race sag.

I've just fitted stiffer springs on the 640 and 525.
Find a spring that gives you the sag with only a small amount of preload for a good ride :)

They are massively different Mike.
Our 690 is soft and much lower than the 701.
Its almost as if the 690 has been lowered and resprung!! (it hasn't to my knowledge)
I'm considering the factory lowering kit tbh for my 701 as the spring is quite a lot different by all accounts.
You aren't all that far from Full Travel Suspension - I never used anyone else when I ran WP on the 10R so would head straight to them.

I guess this applies to most of the bikes through to 2021 models ,maybe hussys as well.
I had a sit on a new husky the other week,
It had zero static sag,
My 80 kg made notalot of effect on it..................

I think the suspension has always been different between the two makes up until very recently (2020?) with the Husky having had slightly more travel and taller?

First thing I did when I got mine was to set static/dynamic sag. It was actually cock on out of the box, I think that's the first bike I've ever had where that's been the case.......... I'm 85kg without my kit on so I guess 90-95kg with all my gear on.
It was very harsh though so I set everything to very soft for the first 500 miles to give it a good work out (it handled like a pig on roller skates :D). Now firmed up a lot and the suspension seems to work well, still a little harsh but still seems to be getting better (1200 miles now)............

Andres

I'm considering the factory lowering kit tbh for my 701 as the spring is quite a lot different by all accounts.

You and me both, at 6ft and shit off road I find the height less than confidence inspiring. I'm thinking along the lines of a Kouba lowering link.

Andres

PS What's the 'factory' lowering kit, I wasn't aware that Husky/KTM did one?

You and me both, at 6ft and shit off road I find the height less than confidence inspiring. I'm thinking along the lines of a Kouba lowering link.

Andres

PS What's the 'factory' lowering kit, I wasn't aware that Husky/KTM did one?

Luckily I’m 6’ 2” so don’t need lowering links but if you do fit one I’m sure you’ll drop the forks through the yokes to keep the bike balanced. I do have a vertically challenged friend and his experience is lowering links don’t work as well as getting both the shock and forks reworked and lowered properly. More expensive than a lowering link but works far better.

Back
Top Bottom