A UKGSER coffee and cake morning - 8 June in West Bay

Tavi Lunch

At the moment Thursday(12th)looks good for a trip up to Tavistock for lunch(12:30?), I was thinking of going for a ride around the moors and a coffee before meeting for lunch.

Al.

I'll come across the moor on my way and will plan to be in Tavistock for about 12.00. It's not a place I know, so a destination with postcode would be useful.

Tavistock Wharf PL19 8AT has a large car park and you can walk along the river to the pannier market, you can park in front of the Guidhall PL19 0AE but it’s small and not many bike spots. Bobs East end cafe is in the Pannier market.
Al.

Attachments

• A381C246-4230-499F-B616-ED804C9169B7.jpg
    A381C246-4230-499F-B616-ED804C9169B7.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 94
Thanks for that. Is Bob's Café where we will be lunching? Does it have a dress code? :D

Thanks for that. Is Bob's Café where we will be lunching? Does it have a dress code? :D

Yes that was the plan & unlikely.

Unfortunately I am going to have to miss out on this trip, we acquired a new puppy on Monday and my wife is working all day tomorrow so a 3-4 hour bike ride is a bit too long to leave her, have a safe trip.

Al.

Oops, I'll miss out too, can't do tomorrow, but will make a special visit the following week when on the camping trip for a coffee :)

Have fun

I had my route planned but tested positive this morning so can't make it now. Hopefully I will make the next one.

Fuck me, you lot are dropping like flies. Shall we postpone?

More importantly, Al, What sort of puppy and we need pics.

Happy to meet or postpone although probably easier to postpone if it is only the 2 of us - anyone else looking to come tomorrow?

Cockapoo pup Rosie, got her Monday from Warminster, 11 weeks old, with Harry, 11 years old and trying very hard to ignore her!!
If you do postpone, my wife runs clinics on Thursdays so is out all day, pre puppy normally no problem, so other days will be better for me for a few weeks.
Al.

Attachments

• F0DFE85F-6C63-49F4-8DB1-43239FBC311B.jpeg
    F0DFE85F-6C63-49F4-8DB1-43239FBC311B.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 4580B0DD-2071-4370-A707-5EB857D7B976.jpg
    4580B0DD-2071-4370-A707-5EB857D7B976.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 133
Let's postpone then and rearrange for a day when more can attend. Tavy is a good destination. Nicely in the middle with great rides all round so keep the destination the same, if everyone's ok with that. I can do any days now, having retired again and no longer working at Helmet City. I left on good terms so can still get decent deals if anyone needs new kit.

The lovely Mrs Saint thinks your new puppy should fit in your top box :D

Been a bit quiet on here due to being busy, as we have the house on the market. Will aim to be out on the bike soon.

I can do week starting 6th but after that the calendar is looking rather full and I'm away from 19th on my jaunt to Orkney. I'll be back in early July and the diary is looking rather empty at present.

June is pretty busy, we are away in the van from Wednesday next week until 13/14th and I’m away sailing from 22nd for a week and I need to put a base down for a summerhouse in between!!

Al.

Back
Top Bottom