Nice tyre place in Hyde - cars and bikes

NeverRodeBefore

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, yesterday I decided I needed the Panda. Front tyre was flat as a pancake. I pumped it up and waited an hour to see if it stayed up. Ran my errand a little later, and checked the tyre pressure again, pumped it back up and then left it alone till the evening, and it'd lost 10 psi. I don't know anywhere personally that does punctures (although I pass a few on my normal commute) so I asked my brother (he's a hire shop fitter with a car, couple of motorbikes, a fleet of vans and 4x4's to look after) and he recommended the following place.

Williams Tyres & Autocare
www.williams-tyres.com

It's tucked away in the back of an industrial estate so if it wasn't for google street view, satellite pictures and the images of the flash cars on their facebook page, I doubt I'd have found it.

However, they do cars, vans and bikes. They seem to stock normal car tyres but can get pretty much what you want. The bike tyres are special orders as they don't stock them.

My puncture was fixed with a plug from the inside (apparently a plug from the outside isn't legal except in an emergency to get you home) for £10.

Other than that, I'm glad I'm a cyclist, as it took a few presses on the foot pump to get the tyre up to pressure this morning.

Back
Top Bottom