Recommendations for accomodation in Moffat

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbuck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to spend a few days in the Dumfries & Galloway area in the very near future. I'd ideally like to stay at the Buccleuch Arms Hotel in Moffat, but it's fully booked.
Can anyone recommend any other places to stay in Moffat that have their own off road parking (bike), which are near enough to allow walking into town for an evening meal (assuming going into level 1 on Saturday allows this - level 2 currently doesn't!)
Thanks for reading
Phil

Looking to spend a few days in the Dumfries & Galloway area in the very near future. I'd ideally like to stay at the Buccleuch Arms Hotel in Moffat, but it's fully booked.
Can anyone recommend any other places to stay in Moffat that have their own off road parking (bike), which are near enough to allow walking into town for an evening meal (assuming going into level 1 on Saturday allows this - level 2 currently doesn't!)
Thanks for reading
Phil

There is or was a best western hotel that i stayed in a couple of years ago when the bec was full and TBH it was better and cheaper overall

Edit just looked and it now appears to be permanently closed unless that is just from covid and they havent updated

Moffat is not exactly the dark side, y'know! Take your courage n both hands, screw it to the sticking point and Google BnB Moffat and phone around! Failing all else, there's a good campsite if you have a tent!

Moffat is not exactly the dark side, y'know! !

That depends on if you are there at the same time as the world gold panning championship or the finals of the high street sheep racing !

Again for the OP there is a B&B 29 well street that i have used on the recommendation of Clint from the becleuluch again when they were full it was very nice and the added bonus of being able to park the bike overnight in the becleluch secure car park

In Dumfries as opposed to Moffat, but I've stayed here before and will be there for three days in September. Walk into town in 10 minutes and dedicated parking off-road. Excellent landlord and bar in the hotel.

http://www.huntingdonhotel.co.uk/

Encountered a similar problem when trying to book a small group for later this month. First few preferences not available so we have ended up in the Corner House in Annan. Looks okay for touring around Galloway & Borders. Hopefully we will get to find out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom